ToneDexter. Amazing new tech for acoustic guitar tones.

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
I wonder if the tone match block can be used in a similar way or be adapted to be capable of similar results for acoustic guitars?

[video=youtube_share;NlDCj2xdZR0]

Where was that thing years ago when I did acoustic troubadour gigs? :) Always struggled to get a decent acoustic tone on stage.

I know a couple of guys here have been doing this exact thing with the Axe. Micing up the guitar, recorded, and then tonematched. Some also tonematched actual recordings from well known acoustic artists, Tommy Emmanuel was one iirc. Search the forum or AxeChange I'm sure you'll find some...

So you're saying you could do a live tone match in the Axe Fx and get essentially the same thing as what this pedal is doing?

Well, i don't know what this pedal is doing under the hood, but it's basically the same idea i think. Of course i have no idea about the quality of the result...?
Look at this:
Also search the forum for "acoustic tonematch" and you'll find a few presets from people who did this.

I have done this with the tone match block. Easy to do and I love the sound. I can't say it´s identical to what the pedal does.

I have done this with the tone match block. Easy to do and I love the sound. I can't say it´s identical to what the pedal does.

Right. I've used acoustic IRs before but after seeing this clip I wonder if a live tone match of my actual own guitar mic'd up would be a better way to go than someone else's IR with their guitar. I'll have to give this a try. But it would be interesting to see if there is much difference going on here between Tonematch and the ToneDexter. I have to say the sound he got so quickly really speaks for itself. Very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom