Tone versus Feel. The real amp in the room.

I bought a 1x12 side ported cabinet from this guy http://www.trmguitarcabs.com/index.html (the side port cab is about 1/3 down the front page). I had the intention of using the Celestion F12 X200 with it. It finally came but I think it's defective. I went ahead and put a Celestion Century Vintage (basically a Neo Vintage 30) until I can get a replacement for the F12 X200 speaker. Running the AxeIII into this cabinet with a Duncan Power Stage 170 is hilariously fun. I was just scrolling through the factory presets with cab sims off and this rig sounds killer. Believe me, there's all kinds of amp in the room happening.

Here's my finished result (the finish is pretty poor, I have no patience).

View attachment 54089 View attachment 54090
I built a 2x12 cab (that I used before and in the early stages of my Axe Fx journey) from that guy - he does quality work for a good price

Love the grill cloth!

What do you use as power amp solution for the axe?

Cliff used to use a Carvin F1200 power amp to power a 4x12 and I think he has a Matrix too.

Over the years I've used a QSC 2450, Boogie 2:90, VHT/Fryette Power Station, Bogner Ecstacy, and most recently the Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170 to run the Axe into a cab.

Back
Top Bottom