Tone Tubby Hempcone IRs?

imrecs

Inspired
I recently started using a Tone Tubby Alnico Purple Haze Hempcone speaker and absolutely love it. Does anyone know if there are any IRs available of Tone Tubby Speakers?

If not, I might have to capture my own IR of my speaker...it's just too good.

How does the purple haze compare to the red alnico?

I have a red. Its so Lo-fi, feed it any distortion and it borderline sounds like a fuzz pedal but in speaker form. I do enjoy it though, more as an auxiliary or when I want a unique sound.

I did get some IRs of it on its own ages ago but I don't think I've even converted them to axe fx format yet - somewhere on my list of things to do.

I really think they need to start using LSD as speaker cone doping.

Last edited:
I found the IRs, I've included hires sysex, and also the original WAV files in case you want to convert them to ultrares. I've never used ultrares IRs because I always use far field IRs, so I don't actually know how to do an UR conversion. These IRs are near field, which isn't really my cup of tea, but I decided to capture my speakers in NF in case I ever want to have NF versions for an auxiliary track.

Captured with an Earthworks M30, position 0 = cap centre, +5 = cone edge.

Attachments

• antcarrier NF TT Red.zip
    615.6 KB · Views: 58
Thanks! Will check this out.

Never tried a red alnico so not sure how they compare to the purple haze, however from what I understand the purple haze is new flagship model.

Back
Top Bottom