Tone Suck with 2203x

SonVolt

Inspired
Is anyone running their FX8 through a 2203x loop? I'm getting a noticeable amount of tone suck and loss of high-end that I do not get from my Boogie's loops. Running a short patch cable in the loop sounds just fine, as does switching the FX8 to bypass mode, so I don't think it's the loop itself. If the FX8 is engaged, even with an empty preset and no effect blocks, I'm loosing high-end and tone. The louder the master volume is on the amp the more noticeable it is. I have the loop level on the JCM set at +4, though I'm not noticing much difference when switching between -10 and +4 anyway. Any ideas?

The issue seems to have gone away on its own... which scares me. Not sure if it's the FX8 or the Amp.

If it didn't do it with your Boogies at all, I'd presume it's the amp not the FX8. Hopefully it won't happen but I get wanting to know what's the cause is. If or when it happens again, plug in one of your Boogies without turning off the FX8 and see what happens.

I know the Mesa Mark V 90 inverts the signal phase with the loop enabled, and my ear perceives it as "tone suck". Cool thing is the FX8 lets you invert the signal phase from the unit, and the amp corrects it to the proper phase (to my ear) when it inverts it in the loop circuit. This blew my mind and was so happy this feature exists. My loop is always enabled, so this solution works for me as a permanent fix. Maybe the case is similar with the 2203x?

I know the Mesa Mark V 90 inverts the signal phase with the loop enabled, and my ear perceives it as "tone suck". Cool thing is the FX8 lets you invert the signal phase from the unit, and the amp corrects it to the proper phase (to my ear) when it inverts it in the loop circuit. This blew my mind and was so happy this feature exists. My loop is always enabled, so this solution works for me as a permanent fix. Maybe the case is similar with the 2203x?

Interesting. Where on the FX8 do you invert the phase?

Back
Top Bottom