Wish Tone/Saturation switches per amp when applicable

Raab90

Inspired
For example, instead of having 4-6 models for each combination of pull switches on Mesa mark amps, why not just put some toggles of those switches on those particular models?
It’s already been implemented with the presence shift control on some modes. This way, amps like the ENGL Savage could be modeled with all it’s switches, instead of being limited to a particular mode.

Probably something to do with the overall modeling and if it was as simple as adding a switch Cliff would of already done it ? Certainly would be more practical than several models of the same amp with a different push pull pot setting, but only Cliff can really say why.

For example, instead of having 4-6 models for each combination of pull switches on Mesa mark amps, why not just put some toggles of those switches on those particular models?
It’s already been implemented with the presence shift control on some modes. This way, amps like the ENGL Savage could be modeled with all it’s switches, instead of being limited to a particular mode.
While I would love to see some more options within the Mark series (Mark 1, Mark 3 stripes), I think all the push/pull options were implemented.

"The main controls are Volume (pull: Bright), Treble (pull: Shift = Fat), Bass (pull: Shift), Middle, Presence, Master rhythm (pull: Deep), Lead Drive and Master Lead (pull: Bright). To emulate Pull Shift on the Bass control: "Put a Tilt EQ before the amp block with a frequency of 320 Hz and a gain of -3 dB. Set the Level to +3 dB."

So for the IIC+ model to break it down:
Volume pull bright = bright switch,
Treble pull shift = fat switch,
Bass pull shift = EQ block in front of amp, tilt shape, frequency set to 320hz, gain at -3db and level at +3db.
For the Master pull deep and the Lead Master bright use the correct model below.

USA IIC+: Lead Master Pull Bright off, Pull Deep off

USA IIC+ Bright: Lead Master Pull Bright on, Pull Deep off

USA IIC+ Deep: Lead Master Pull Bright off, Pull Deep on

USA IIC+ BRT/DP: Lead Master Pull Bright on, Pull Deep on

Of course this only applies to the Mark series. For other amps such as the ENGL Savage, they may be other workarounds.

OP knows that there are the different models. He's looking for a way for them to all be accessible from just one model that has all of the options that can be selected.

While I'd like to see this for some amps too, I agree w/ @lqdsnddist that it's either something to do with the modeling that makes it impractical; or it could lead down a road where the interface would end up having too many different options to code for each amp. The Marks have Bright/Deep/etc, other Mesas have Tweed/etc, others have Pull Gain, 5150's have green/blue/red channels, some Fenders have Normal and Vibrato, etc. It could be a big rabbit hole to go down, and a lot easier to just code it behind the scenes.

I prefer things not changing per amp as much as possible. I think we have it pretty good now and makes sense.

Presumably creating one amp with all permutations of switches would require much more processing/memory which could impact performance.

Back
Top Bottom