Tone matching with Mac

korfist

I am trying to tone match with USB through my Mac. I followed the Soloaweek tutorial up until he switched the playback on his PC. Anyone know how you make the change on a Mac?

System pref. Then go into audio...there is three folders ...input output and can't remember the third but select axe fx in all three.....you did load the mac drivers right?

I have driver set-up, or else I couldn't use USB correct? I do not have an Axe-fx option in the audio section.

Its in the drop down menu ...plug some headphones into your axe fx and play a song in itunes.if you can hear it your good.otherwise redownload and install the mac driver...there should be a axe fx option.

this is what I did. goto "launchpad" then click on the "system preferences" icon this will open a window. On the second row last is an icon called "sound" click on that which will open a new window. there are 3 tabs the last 2 are called "input" and "output". in each of these choose Axe 2 for your choice. You will only see it obviously if its on and hooked up. Output especially if your tone matching. This is so whatever you play on your Mac say from youtube will goto the axe and be heard. In the tone match block make sure you have USB selected. Do your reference then change it from USB to input1 so you can hear yourself play and do your local. Try keeping both as left only to avoid possible phased sounds on the tone match.

Mick

install the usb driver.
change output device on mac to Axe Fx - System Preferences, Sound, Output tab, choose Axe
in the Tone Match Block, set to USB as input source.
play any sound using any program on the mac and the signal should arrive at the Axe via USB. Then go to the capture screen and hit the X button on the front panel to start capturing.

if this doesn't work, what part are you having trouble with?

Thanks for all of your help guys. I am stuck on the tone match block to make the USB the input. Where do I do that?

On the Axe in the TMA block .... Don't waste time trying it in Axe-Edit, it won't work and save for you there ......

Back
Top Bottom