tone matching a hot rod deville 4x10

Larry Largen

Inspired
I picked up a fender hot deville 4x10. I want to tone match it and shoot an IR of it's speakers. I think they are eminence. What amp model in the axe fx do you think is the closest match?

Blues Jr

Good call on getting the 4x10. I always thought it was a sweeter sound than the 2x12 version. Never bonded with the dirt channel much, but it was good for some random fun. The cleans on that amp are great though.

cheers!!

Blues Jr

Good call on getting the 4x10. I always thought it was a sweeter sound than the 2x12 version. Never bonded with the dirt channel much, but it was good for some random fun. The cleans on that amp are great though.

cheers!!

It definitely has a tighter low end. I never cared for the 2 x 12 version.

Blues Jr

cheers!!

Researched the blues Jr and found it uses EL84 power tubes and the hot rod uses 6L6's. And it's 15 watts vs 60 watts. I supposed I could try and switch out the tubes in the modeler. Or just try all the fenders by ear.

Back
Top Bottom