Tone match trickery 2

King Tone

Inspired
More questions and concepts--these are minor things, the axe sounds amazing!

When I use the tone match feature I have been trying to match the preamp section of my two amps via the sine wave synth method. I am not trying to figure out the power amp section so much as I can tweak that as I like once I feel the preamp section is right. Just trying to see how I can do on the eq curve part, really.

I also tried saving the match (x) with no (y) in a preset. This means I can toy around (copy and paste to different presets, etc) with the (x) curve without the particular amp model or guitar playing into it, at least that is how I am thinking it would work. I am assuming by blending it back to taste just a little in the TMA block it should be a very pure match. I know this is maybe not the conventional way...please folks, tell me if these assumptions are wrong. Doing the regular way I feel like the guitar is playing into it too much. In other words if I match with a p-90 guitar, when using the preset with a humbucker it is not quite there as far as sounding like the same amp but a different guitar, so I was just trying to be more accurate by getting the guitar out of the matching as much as possible.

When matching regardless of which method, how much do you guys tweak the eq after the match? If my match seems to have a little too much bass or treble could you assume that the power section of the real amp is filtering that out a bit? If so, technically, which low cut or treble cut is best to tweak the sound? I would think the one in the power section if my earlier idea was correct but it seems to be better to do the low cut under the tone menu and maybe the highs by blending back the match level.

Ideas..? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom