Tone Match Help (no signal)

ConnorGilks

Experienced
I'm trying to Tone Match for the first time but the AxeFX isn't getting the reference signal. I've connected the AxeFX to my laptop (MacBook) over USB (which DOES work, as I can use AxeEdit just fine, so it's not the cable) and I've opened a .ogg file in Audacity. In the AxeFX I've got Drive > Amp > Cab > Tone Match. The Tone Match block is set to use USB as the reference source. I press play in Audacity and then press X on the AxeFX but nothing happens on the screen, no EQ curves or anything.

NOTE: I have tried setting the sound output device in my laptop to AxeFX II and no luck. I've also tried taking the stereo track I'm using, made it mono, then played it but still nothing showing on the screen to capture. Any ideas?

It's been a long time since I worked with Audacity, but in other DAW's you have to select your output device in the preferences. Make sure that Audacity uses the Axe as output! ;)

I tried using the drop down tab in "Output" and changing it to AxeFX II Audio Out but it just won't play after that and gives me an error saying check the output device and bitrate.

Back
Top Bottom