Tom Petty / Mike Campbell preset?

Hi Guys!

Does anyone have a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers preset (or something along those lines) and would like to share it?
I'm looking for a solid cleanish/edge or breakup/low gain sound. (I'm playing a 335 like guitar with humbucker and P90)
Thanks! :)

I find the stock AC20 preset (can't remember the name) does Tom Petty very very well

That one can do the Petty & Campbell thing for sure. The first time I tried the AC20, I was thinking wow, instant Petty. I'm not schooled on what they used, probably many amps. But Voxes for sure. The AC20 is very Voxish, and can also sound Marshall like with the right SIC and IR and drive.

I’d go ac20 and use the griddle cake or klon for more gain…
FYI Campbell uses Princetons and tweed do a rig rundown on YouTube….
The cameltoe pedal is basically either two green rhino or a green and red… so flavors of ts9s…

Also the sv20 Marshall is good for it also…roll back you guitar to 7 or 8 and it cleans up

Here's a tweaked version of a patch someone else made that I've used and modified. It's based on Mike Campbell's Princeton plus AC 30 sound. So I'm told
I inserted the amp blocks into my petty preset and am very happy with the tonal changes....thanks for posting!!!

See what you guys think of this. It's so hard to get EQ right when everyone has different guitars - so, adjust to where it works. Also, per usual, it's surprising to hear how bright and mid-forward guitars in famous tunes are...I romanticized them to be these huge massive tones...and then you hear it and it's kind of shocking.

Attachments

• Mike Campbell.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom