Tom Petty: First test of 2-cam remote shooting

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
Had first slot of the day at a local festival, only crowd were nearby strollers and a musician friend (Hey Alec!), so I tested 2-cam shooting triggered with bluetooth remotes. Audio is 2 iPhone mics mixed together and automatically synced by Final Cut Pro (great shortcut).

Next plans are to add live the board feed as primary audio and try mixing in iPhone mic as ambient audio. I'm also adding a camera mount that auto-follows an infra red emitter on the back on the headstock. It'll follow me wherever I move. I hope to have two eventually. I'm adding some lights next week for better indoor video, and might add headstock cam as 3rd perspective to add interest.

I haven't done this fancier shooting/editing stuff before so any feedback and ideas would be great.

Great job. I think it looks good, and you're definitely on the right track. I don't know what Final Cut Pro has to offer for video editing, I've been using Adobe Premier. But one trick I do to make 2 cameras look like 6 is zoom in a lot on various shots. So you could take the front camera and zoom in on just your face. Then take the same camera and zoom in on the slide playing. Now it looks like you have 3 cameras in front of you. A little more time consuming, but like most things, you get quicker with the editing the more you do it. I do the zooming when I edit. The resolution isn't as good on the zoom, but I don't stay on those shots that long.

Back
Top Bottom