Toggle to “favorite” preset then back to last preset

secondwindow

Power User
I’d like to be able to switch to a “favorite” preset, then switch back to the last preset. The first part is easy and I know it’s possible to setup a switch to toggle between two presets. But, what I’m tying to do is a bit different.

Example: If my favorite preset is #1 and I’m currently on preset #23 … when I press the “favorite switch” I’d program to call-up my favorite, I’ll then be on #1. If I press the same switch again, I’ll go back to #23. If I then switch to another preset, say #55, then the switch will toggle between #1 and #55.

In other words, the previous preset will be remembered so that I can jump back to it.

I’ve read through the manuals and searched the forum. If this has already been asked and answered, please point me in the right direction.

There's no simple way currently on the Axe Fx III + FC.

On the Axe Fx II with MFC-101 there is a "global preset" option that does what you're asking for.

It's been wished for.

What you could do is to setup your preset switches using Toggle by Number... But that is a bit limiting because it's not "generic".

There's no simpler way currently on the Axe Fx III + FC.

On the Axe Fx II with MFC-101 there is a "global preset" option that does what you're asking for.

It's been wished for.

What you could do is to setup your preset switches using Toggle by Number... But that is a bit limiting because it's not "generic".
Thanks! I didn’t see this on the wish list.

Yes, the toggle by number is in the right direction, but not quite what I’m looking for.

I confess … I haven’t tried the Preset by Number function. If that leaves the current layout visible when switching to the favorite preset, then it would be easy enough to just tap the right switch to get back to where I started. I’ll have to give that a try.

I would like the Compare button that was on my Rocktron processors, which allowed you to go back and forth between the saved preset and your tweaks and compare them. Many times I decided after making tweaks I like the original better. If Roctron could do this so can Fractal.

I would like the Compare button that was on my Rocktron processors, which allowed you to go back and forth between the saved preset and your tweaks and compare them. Many times I decided after making tweaks I like the original better. If Roctron could do this so can Fractal.
This isn't really related in any way to this wish ;)

This isn't really related in any way to this wish ;)
Yup, this is a different ask.

However ...

I think the Toggle Preset function already covers this. Just make a safety copy of the original preset, then Toggle between the safety (original/reference) and the new. Not as convenient as a before/after feature, but should do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom