toggle scenes with ext. switch 2?

rdpar

Inspired
I can't seem to figure out how to get external foot switch 2 to toggle between scene 1 and 2. Any suggestions thanks:)

You can’t. @yek mentioned there is a little known feature where you can set an external foot switch to toggle between scene 1 and 8. I tried this one day and it did work for me on 9.04 FW.

that's how I used it with my axe fx II. but I don't remember how I did it. only 1-8 though , I can make work. thanks

An external switch assigned to CC #34 (Scene Select) will send a minimum value of '0' and maximum value of '127'.
  • A value of '0' = Scene 1
  • A value of '1' = Scene 2
  • A value of '2' = Scene 3
  • A value of '3' = Scene 4
  • etc...
  • Up to a value of '127' (which happens to be Scene 8)

Having trouble quoting the post

If you assign an external switch to SCENE SELECT it will toggle between Scene 1 and 8
An hidden feature that works like Scene 1/2

WhiteSpace….GOT IT!!! For future ::: Go to I/o page(on the axe8) --set external 1 , 2 , 3 ,or 4 to 34--scroll down to scene select and assign to pedal 1 , 2, 3 , OR 4 ( depending on which switch jack you are using. BADA BING:):) this will toggle between scenes 1&8. NO MIDI SWITCH REGUIRED. JUST TRS INTO SWITCH JACK ON THE AXE8

Last edited:
WhiteSpace….how do I do that?:) I should mention that I could toggle between 1&8 with my axe fx II and mfc mkIII , with an external switch plugged into #2(trs) on the mfc. I am trying to accomplish this with just my axe8
Not in front of my unit but I believe that setting is somewhere in the AX8 global options. Search the manual for “scene select”

Back
Top Bottom