Wish Toggle Layouts and Views?

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
Can we get an additional utility function that allow one to toggle Layouts and Views like can be done with Presets and Scenes?

Last edited:
This has been brought up before. It's basically not necessary. When you change layouts or views, you are no longer looking at the same switches, so there's no way to hit the same switch to toggle back. You have to put a regular layout/view select switch in the same position in each layout/view you're navigating between in order to have a toggle like functionality there.

For example, say you assign switch 1 in layout 1 to go to layout 2. In layout 2 you can assign switch 1 to go back to layout 1. In use it will behave like a toggle because the same switch position makes it go back and forth between layouts 1 and 2.

The one exception is if you are changing the layout or view on a different unit.

when you change Views or Layouts, the switch changes function. so you can't "toggle" the same switch because the same switch isn't there.

Good point. That would be useful in Stand-In switches as those don't change with the layouts/views. However, you can probably imagine how many people would be confused by assigning a layout toggle to a regular FC switch and wonder why it doesn't work.

Good point. That would be useful in Stand-In switches as those don't change with the layouts/views. However, you can probably imagine how many people would be confused by assigning a layout toggle to a regular FC switch and wonder why it doesn't work.

Yes, I can picture that, but increment/decrement exists for them. That requires setting up the same switch in other layouts to continue incrementing/decrementing. Might as well go the full 9. This would be adding 'toggle' to that same thought, and if you have a stand-in switch set up for it, you're golden.

My rig has 6 stand-in switches - a couple doing preset inc/dec, a couple doing CS 1 and 2, and a couple assigned to blank switches in my Stand-In Switches layout, so that I can stick PPOs on them, so that they can be other control switches or even channel toggles, set up to (between them) switch between 3 channels.... :)

I was just about to ask or this feature, good to see Im not alone in needing this.
I use an external SIS to switch between layout 7 view1 and view2 on a FC6 from my FM9, and this "toggle views" capability would be much better than the current press/press hold setup (as I need to remember which view Im currently looking at to decide if its a press or hold I need to switch to the other view)

I was just about to ask or this feature, good to see Im not alone in needing this.
I use an external SIS to switch between layout 7 view1 and view2 on a FC6 from my FM9, and this "toggle views" capability would be much better than the current press/press hold setup (as I need to remember which view Im currently looking at to decide if its a press or hold I need to switch to the other view)
Excuse if I'm parachuting in out of context, haven't read the whole thread, but can you have a switch on each layout to go to the other one?

I do something similar on my most common layout setup, which is actually a pair of layouts. One has (among other things) scenes 1-4, and hold on those switches changes to a different layout with scenes 5-8, hold for 1-4.

My point is that each layout could have a switch to go to the other layout. I don't actually do that, because going directly to the specific preset I want is more efficient for me, and doesn't need an extra switch just for changing layouts, but you could.

Excuse if I'm parachuting in out of context, haven't read the whole thread, but can you have a switch on each layout to go to the other one?

I do something similar on my most common layout setup, which is actually a pair of layouts. One has (among other things) scenes 1-4, and hold on those switches changes to a different layout with scenes 5-8, hold for 1-4.

My point is that each layout could have a switch to go to the other layout. I don't actually do that, because going directly to the specific preset I want is more efficient for me, and doesn't need an extra switch just for changing layouts, but you could.
Yes you can. But not to toggle between views from a Stand in Switch (which doesnt switch with the layout), my SIS use spare switches on the Master Layout of the FM9 - SIS are linked to buttons on a specific layout, so dont switch with the FM9/C6/FC12 display.

1690037542326.png

Back
Top Bottom