toggle expression pedal

Vostor

Hi, I have been using my axefx II for ten years now! Still working perfect but my external foot controller broke down.
I think I will replace both with an FM9!
One thing I had on my foot controller I can't find in the FM9 manual -so I'm not sure it is possible- is a footswitch (or the toe of my pedal) that could scroll through four destinations for the expression pedal so I could change its function from "volume 1" to "volume 2", "external 1", "external 2"...etc...
Anyone any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Victor

The easieset would probably be to put all the mentioned blocks in paralell and feed them into a multiplexer (M-Plex). Then coltrol the Input Select of the M-Plex with a footswitch or toe-switch of your expression pedal. In the preset in the picture I can switch between Wah and Volume being controlled by the switch. The M-Plex can handle blocks on all six rows and each of the blocks can be controlled indivirually (i.e. channel of the blocks or other features). As you can see I have defined the toe-switch to "External 6" and it swap between Row 2 and Row 3 in my case but you can set it to go from Row 1 to Row 6 if you need to. The Wah is set to "Auto Engage" but when I use the exp.pedal as a volume pedal the M-Plex only "listen" to Row 3 so the signal from the Wah is ignored. Please see the manual for further details.

1671876767118.png1671877024612.png

The easieset would probably be to put all the mentioned blocks in paralell and feed them into a multiplexer (M-Plex). Then coltrol the Input Select of the M-Plex with a footswitch or toe-switch of your expression pedal. In the preset in the picture I can switch between Wah and Volume being controlled by the switch. The M-Plex can handle blocks on all six rows and each of the blocks can be controlled indivirually (i.e. channel of the blocks or other features). As you can see I have defined the toe-switch to "External 6" and it swap between Row 2 and Row 3 in my case but you can set it to go from Row 1 to Row 6 if you need to. The Wah is set to "Auto Engage" but when I use the exp.pedal as a volume pedal the M-Plex only "listen" to Row 3 so the signal from the Wah is ignored. Please see the manual for further details.

View attachment 113182View attachment 113183
The downside to this approach is that everything you are controlling has to basically be in the same "position" on the grid.

Back before the FCs were released, I was asked to proof read the manual.

I suggested to @Admin M@ the ability to have "assignable" expression pedals because I had really enjoyed that capability on the Gordius midi controller I had used for a while.

I still think this would be a really useful feature...

Back
Top Bottom