Toggle 2 Amps with 1 CC#?

twentytwenty

Inspired
Does anyone know the best way to toggle 2 amps on and off with one cc# message, I tried this last night sending a message to an external controller but it would either only turn one amp off or both on and off.

I would ideally like to toggle amps in and out with the one message.

Any ideas.

BTW PaulMapp if you are reading, I got the midi mate! It works a charm, Thanks Mate!.

twentytwenty said:
Does anyone know the best way to toggle 2 amps on and off with one cc# message, I tried this last night sending a message to an external controller but it would either only turn one amp off or both on and off.

Any ideas.

BTW PaulMapp if you are reading, I got the midi mate! It works a charm, Thanks Mate!.

use 2 amps parallel and after that a mixer.

/- AMP 1 -\
--- \- AMP 2 -/----MIXER

then use a controller for gain 1 (start:0 - stop: 100) and gain2 (stop:100 - start:0)

ahh!!

I thought about running two chains but could not work out the best way to do it...

With a mixer, that will do it!!!...

Thanks for the fast reply Voes.

;)

I asked this same question about a month ago. I have two amps that are swapped back and forth by one CC. I was told by a few people on here to put a modifier on the bypass control on each amp, and set the start and stop values inversely for each amp, so that when the CC is off, amp 1 is on and amp 2 is off, and when the CC is on, amp 1 is off and amp 2 is on. At least, that's how I set it up. Works without any extra blocks in your chain. If what I've told ya here isn't enough detail on how to set it up, let me know...

twentytwenty said:

Any ideas.

You don't need to add another block.

Go to bypass mode parameter in both amps hit enter assign to an external controller. If you want both on/off leave them at the default settings. If you want to switch one on while the other goes off, in the modifier section change the start and end % of one the amps to start at 100% and end at %. Leave the other at start 0% end 100%. When you switch one off the other will come on.

javajunkie said:

Go to bypass mode parameter in both amps hit enter assign to an external controller. If you want both on/off leave them at the default settings. If you want to switch one on while the other goes off, in the modifier section change the start and end % of one the amps to start at 100% and end at %. Leave the other at start 0% end 100%. When you switch one off the other will come on.

I thought I had tried this, I could only get it to switch one amp on whilst the otehr was still on or both off and both on, I will try again tonight though.

Loving the way I can control nearly everything imaginable with this unit.

Thanks People.!!!

twentytwenty said:
javajunkie said:

I thought I had tried this, I could only get it to switch one amp on whilst the otehr was still on or both off and both on, I will try again tonight though.

Loving the way I can control nearly everything imaginable with this unit.

Thanks People.!!!

I have a couple of patches setup this way.

I tried your method last night Java, and it worked perfectly without using the extra block as mentioned above.

I think I was setting the start and end values wrong in the first place.

Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom