Today I learned...

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
That Grover Jackson is the guy behind Friedman guitars...

Catching up on my guitar magazine reading, in an article from a couple of years ago about tracking down the red Jack Butler Charvel (/Jackson) guitar from the Crossroads movie.

This little nugget off trivia was mentioned there.

Now you know, too ;)

Check out the times he's on ToneTalk where it's discussed

Don't think he's involved anymore but he certainly was heavily involved in the early days

They feel pretty good but every single Friedman guitar I've seen in a shop is relic'd. :rolleyes:
I can't wrap my head around what is so appealing about this trend.
Same here. Not really my cup of tea. I can see recreating the condition of a famous guitar like SRV's number one or EVH's Frankensteins, but just some random new guitar that's pre-beat up? I don't see the draw.

Same here. Not really my cup of tea. I can see recreating the condition of a famous guitar like SRV's number one or EVH's Frankensteins, but just some random new guitar that's pre-beat up? I don't see the draw.
Especially when it looks nothing like any actual road worn guitar I've ever seen. How could that stuff happen in real life, really???

Belt sander burst anyone?

Pffft. The Ian Thornley strats before the white one are prime examples. Too bad, bet they're nice guitars.

The Noho model is not relic’d typically

I agree with you as far as aesthetics go.. it kinda feels like buying jeans that already have holes in the knees.

That being said, the way my Cali model feels to just hold, as well as play, is the nicest feeling guitar I’ve ever laid hands on, including a prs custom 24 which was a close second. I believe some of that is due to the relic.

My point is, writing off a guitar just because it is relic’d is actually more vain/poser/whatever word you want to use than just choosing based on feel and tone.

I wish they would offer them with a super light relic that didn’t have any dents etc,

I had a Friedman T and it was just a killer guitar, You can kind tell the Grover Friedman's as the Fretboard dots are small and outlined while the non Grovers are regular size dots. I personally like the smaller dots. Id love to get another T it was just a killer playing guitar as well as a Cali. I dig the relics as well, doiesnt bother me at all because if it dings who cares lol.

Back
Top Bottom