Today’s corporate gig

Wow - personally I think its a awesome setlist.
I can tell you that in the states, you're not getting a corporate gig with that setlist....haha
Everyone wants top 40 - unless you have uptown funk and Riahnna etc etc in the mix - you're not getting hired playing rock..

Haha, “poep in je hoofd” deserves a little explanation. I’ll spare the English-speaking crowd the translation, and the title isn’t even the worst bit. :) But it’s an inside practical joke for us: we instantly play the first 30 seconds of that song as soon as someone in the audience dares to approach the stage with a song request.

Craig: and I didn’t even include our B-list songs. :)

Last edited:
And getting ready for another gig, this time a 12 piece, 3 nights in a row, 40 other songs, also bringing my J-45 this time (Shadow pickup/wireless) ...

...But it’s an inside practical joke for us: we instantly play the first 30 seconds of that song as soon as someone in the audience dares to approach the stage with a song request...

Sometimes we jokingly tell people we're happy to play requests as long as they're accompanied by a $100 bill. This past summer that joke paid off. We made an extra $200 by playing Comfortably Numb twice at a gig, lol.

And always that feeling of doubt: did I bring enough guitars.... ?

Speaking of strats, I just got a Tele and a strat after only playing a Les Paul since 1996. Maaan I love them. Seems easier to dial in tones... perhaps I’ve been hearing fender in my head all this time 😂

I had five at my last gig. Classical and Western acoustics, PRS, Suhr and Rahbek. Loved it ❤
My standard gig package is 5 guitars. Two MIM Strats (one tuned down 1/2 step), two PRS SEs (one with humbuckers and one with Seymour Duncan Phat Cats), and a Variax that's only being used as a platform for my GR-55 (not using any of the Variax models). Any one of your great electric guitars alone probably cost about what all five of my cheap-assed guitars cost, though.

Back
Top Bottom