Toanz Halp!

Rotti

Fractal Fanatic
Guys, I come to you in a state of exhaustion and slight embarrassment...

I have been trying, off and on, to cop the tone in this video for pretty much as long as I've been a FAS user.
0:36-0:53 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTSCgFeymBM&index=36&list=UUhdp6ULESXczStlGJeYCpxA

I've come up with what I think are a handful of cool tones along the way, but I'm still lightyears from this one. I *think* I can get there with one of the 5150-type models with a serious mid spike and fairly drastic low pass or generally rolled off highs along with a typical high pass in the ~100hz ballpark, but I am nowhere close to getting the character right. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should center that mid spike or where to start seriously cutting the highs?

FWIW, the feel seems right and cuts well bumping around 800-900hz, but tonally it seems too high, like 400-600 would fit better, but then I lose some of the liquid feel... IDK, maybe it's just in my head. BTW, I'm not hell-bent on making it with one of the 5150 models. That just sounds right to me thus far, but I'm 100% open to using something else if it works better.

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom