To the 4cm user out there.

sarge

Power User
I have used the Axe FX II in the loop of my amp and it sounds great.

With 4cm though, not quite as good as I was hoping.

When using the 4cm method with all effects turned off, I can detect a slight attenuation to the input signal of the amp.

Basically, If I remove the patchchord from the front of the axe fx and go directly into the front of the amp, I get a slightly clearer, more full tone then I do going through the Axe FX then going into the front of the amp.

Now, to be fair this is not big difference in tone. I suspect I may have the same attenuation using any digital non true bypass effect going into the front of the amp with the effect off. And I suspect if I asked my wife if she could hear the difference she would ask me to go back and forth five times before saying no.

I tried boosting the signal a little on the effects loop block but then I notice my output 2 starts clipping.

I did mess with the output 1 and 2 padding and can get nice results getting rid of any noise. Sounds very quiet. But it is still just missing a little fullness going into the front of the amp.

Any tricks for this?

Last edited:
I went through this with my Triaxis at first (but I've sold it as I just don't need it now). What worked pretty well for me was boosting some high frequencies and level a little of the global eq for Out2. Something like :
4k +1
8k +2
16k +3
Gain +3 or 4
Also make sure you run Out2 all the way up.
Experiment...

Last edited:
Did you try using input 1 rear? That'll get your top end back. Also, if you go too far on the boost/pad the signal will be attenuated. I could never move beyond 9 dB.

And make sure input impedance is at 1M Ohm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom