To Cliff, from a MKII user: Thank You!

Poparad

Power User
I just wanted to send a brief note of appreciation for your efforts with firmware 6. As a professional guitarist and bassist in Ohio, I've been using my MK II exclusively as my setup for about 3-4 years now, and to continue to have access to all the great improvements that come along is hugely important to me. Also, as a professional musician, it was a big financial investment for me to switch over, so trading up to an XL would involve very careful planning.

I remember when you first mentioned the storage limitations, you responded to someone's comment about just removing old modelling algorithms from only the MKI/II firmwares as being very complex and difficult to do. So, much to my surprise, that's exactly what you pulled off with firmware 6, which I'm certain was no trivial task to do so.

So to keep it brief, thank you very much for all of your continued labors and considerations!

I upgraded to Q6 the other day myself however, I use my FXII solely as an FX processor. It's been some time since I have been on the board and was not aware of the issues with this FW release. I'm glad all of the issues were resolved so that I can continue to use my FXII for years to come.

thanks!

joe...

i would like to add to mr poparad's original post. thanks alot folks at fas. i too use my axe 2/ mfc 101 for all of my outside playing and i don't need the extra slots for presets and cab ir's. i could 'upgrade' to xl plus, but like the gentleman previously, it would take a great deal of finesse and downtime. so just plainly, thanks man.

Started using FAS gear with the Ultra. Upgraded to the FX (also own an AX8). As a long-time user of FAS gear, I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. So few companies that operate with the dedication of FAS. As I am the Geezer, I am in my twilight years as a guitarist. How awesome it is to be able to play through such amazing technology. Saying thanks, just seems to fall short somehow, but thanks FAS team. Best gear ever.

I wonder if Cliff had it in the back of his head to do this all along, but just wanted to see how the community would react to the MK I/II no longer getting firmware updates. I'm glad this was resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

I wonder if Cliff had it in the back of his head to do this all along, but just wanted to see how the community would react to the MK I/II no longer getting firmware updates. I'm glad this was resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

He mentioned in his release post that he's looking for a solution for Mark users, so the doors where by no means definitely closed. He could be preparing us who own a Mark I or II that the day will come when it won't be possible to go further. Now when we've got that feeling, we'll later be less disappointed. Soon...but hopefully not that soon.

+1
It's a definite bonus for us MK1 & 11 users to be able to enjoy continued tonal innovation into the future.
So, yeah, many more thanks from over this way too ...

I am truly grateful to extend the life of my MK I, and I also own an AX8, but my MK I is my main rig. FAS is a fantastic company. Thanks, Cliff!

Thank you FAS, with all my heart!

This black box solved the problems of a home player listed below:

1) Simplification of a complicated setup: My previous rig involved a set of pedals, an amp, an isolation cab or a load box, and naturally hell a lot of cables. Now I have only five of them: One instrument cable, two output cables, one headphone cable and one out of Axe's output 2 two my neck (yes, me, myself and I) to reduce noise. Hopefully that will be gone because I decided to 'activate' the pickups of all my guitars.

2) Need for a decent sound card: All my daily activities which involve sound (listening to music, playing games, watching videos etc.) can be handled by the Axe II just much more than 'fine'. I won't and probably can't get into tech details, but the Axe is a fucking good sound card. In a post of Cliff, I read that the A/D/A of the Axe is very high quality.

3) Advancement: Ten years ago, I was using a Digitech RP-150, which was my second favorite device (you know the first) considering apartment conditions (I had some 'really' good tube amplifiers, one custom Turkish amp which was amazing, one Mini Recto which I called 'Shakira' (minion body, big, round, good ass), I loved it. But I cannot tell they were my favorite because I could not connect them to a cab!) It had 'tens' of amp models. I used it for a few years, and after that, there was a probability of a 'firmware update'. I was completely thrilled for a probability of a Mark III sim which was present in the upper models. It didn't happen. What I'm trying to explain is that for our past digital devices, firmware update was just like impossible. The Axe threw that tought out of our minds, with updates which came so 'soon'er than we thought.

As a MK2 user, Q6 firmware is a bonus for me. I'm aware of and thankful for that.

As Cliff mentioned on another thread, this company's attitute towards its customers make them loyal. And its continuous advancement makes them curious. I'm both of them. My plan starting next month is to save up some USA Dollars for a possible Axe 3. I'll buy it, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom