To All the Guitars, I have loved before

How many guitars have you owned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Recents - should have hung on to the Suhr Modern Satin, the Strat, but am getting along fine with the Suhr JS Standard.

Attachments

• Taylor224CE_02.jpg
    Taylor224CE_02.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • McCarty594_02.jpg
    McCarty594_02.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
  • Suhr JS Standard.jpg
    Suhr JS Standard.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • FriedmanNoHo24_02.jpg
    FriedmanNoHo24_02.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • MochaBurstStratUltra.jpg
    MochaBurstStratUltra.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • qcwgupxssc2ikr6pwady.jpeg
    qcwgupxssc2ikr6pwady.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 10
  • lkfzj4ggsopwvzyvywfs.jpeg
    lkfzj4ggsopwvzyvywfs.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 9
  • qmjdvib2ewzemaguu2fq.jpeg
    qmjdvib2ewzemaguu2fq.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I still have the Martin, I like that it has no electronics whatsoever. Others - miss the LP Standard, J-45, and ESP horizon but don't miss the stickiness of the two electrics. J-45 was mahogany, sounded uniquely sweet. The MiM Strat was cheap but comfortable to play, and I had put Seymour Duncan Antiquities in, and the humbucker was replaced with a Pearly Gates Duncan. Sounded phenomenal, but I also had new Fractal FX8 I got at the same time... so that may have been part of it. The Antiquities and Pearly Gates had a weird synergy that turned out better than I had imagined. The cheap (<$1000) Charvel was really great to play, felt super comfortable to me. Great tones from a Duncan JB in the bridge, and whatever single coil neck pickup was in there, I never found out. If it was up to me I would keep them all. Maybe I should do that now, keep the ones I have. Be broke and happy 😎 🎸

Attachments

• esp_horizon copy.png
    esp_horizon copy.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0646.jpg
    IMG_0646.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • VHLU6780.JPG
    VHLU6780.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Strat-MarkV.jpg
    Strat-MarkV.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • WRCH5351.JPG
    WRCH5351.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 4
  • GuitarLineupBanner.JPG
    GuitarLineupBanner.JPG
    264.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I can’t say how many guitars I have owned.
Some of them were mid to late 60‘s Strats and Les Pauls etc.
The only thing I can say is that none, really none of them were as good as my current Music Man LIII (I have three of them and there my only guitars)

The only one I really regret selling was my first electric, a Phantom (by Aria) Les Paul that played and sounded like crap but really did look the part. Not sure how may guitars I’ve owned over the years, been playing since 1978. All I know is that for some reason I have never owned a Gibson or a Fender. Just hordes of Ibanez axes and an occasional Hamer, Aria or Fernandes.

This thread reminds me of a Gentle Giant concert DVD I have that includes audio commentary. Gary Green at some point after the band broke up had to sell his main Les Paul. There’s a point in the video where the camera focuses on that guitar and he softly says, “Hello, Les Paul.” There was such a wistfulness in the way he said it.

Are you using a phone camera, or something else? These are gorgeous, any tips for getting a good shot? Thanks for posting!
I used a Canon t5i camera, not a pro camera by any means. More like a beginner camera if u will. I think i used a 50mm and 1.8f lens. As far as tips on getting a good shot, just fine the angle u think is best lol. Like i said, i’m not a pro. I just like taking pictures of my guitars. 😆

I used a Canon t5i camera, not a pro camera by any means. More like a beginner camera if u will. I think i used a 50mm and 1.8f lens. As far as tips on getting a good shot, just fine the angle u think is best lol. Like i said, i’m not a pro. I just like taking pictures of my guitars. 😆

Thanks, I think I should have more patience and get good lighting and angles. I just try to get the whole guitar in the iPhone frame, lol.

Back
Top Bottom