TLS issue with forum website?

Toopy14

Axe-Master
Recently, when I try to access the forum website, the site won't load and in the message bar of the browser (Firefox v60.0.2) the following status message appears;

'Performing a TLS handshake to forum.fractalaudio.com...'

After about minute or so, in the same status bar I get the following message;

"Timed Out"

No issues with my Internet connection, because if I try loading other websites in other tabs, they load right away. I don't have this issue on other secure websites.

Anyone else having this issue? Is it an issue with the certificate on the fractalaudio.com site?

No issues here. Safari on latest macOS and Tapatalk on latest iOS.

Forget the handshake, just kick the door in. :D:eek: (Full disclosure - I'm not a programmer).

I've had a few instances the last couple of weeks where the forum 'freezes' or times out. If I close my browser and reopen it (Chrome), it seems to work fine, haven't had the forum 'freeze' after reopening Chrome. Don't recall this happening prior to the last couple of weeks. .

Lots of TLS handshakes here, but basically on everything. But I find that those are more related to connection issues with my laptop then with the actual websites.

TLS 1.0 is about to be retired. 1.1 and 1.2 are on their way out as well. 1.3 is around the corner as a bandaid, but is 2.0 soon to follow.

Old/out of date browsers will have issues. MS Edge, IE, and Chrome have already addressed the issues. Dealing with this at work today, having to enable/disable specific protocols and cipher suites. Real PITA.

YMMV

Back
Top Bottom