Tips request for slide

gnegne

Hello, someone has some tips (or just a demo preset) for playing slide with some overdrive to obtain more sustain and roundness?
Using Comp pre or post drive/amp, using Amp Comp instead of Comp block, etc.?
Now I'm only having a weird sound with zero sustain or a too much gain sound with feedback...
Thank you

Hello, someone has some tips (or just a demo preset) for playing slide with some overdrive to obtain more sustain and roundness?
Using Comp pre or post drive/amp, using Amp Comp instead of Comp block, etc.?
Now I'm only having a weird sound with zero sustain or a too much gain sound with feedback...
Thank you

I play a ton of slide(we insert it on a lot of songs for great effect), mostly in standard tuning. In my experience, using compression and effects with slide doesn't work very well. Slide technique and guitar setup are key. IMO, anything less than .10s for strings doesn't work. Palm muting of unused strings, and behind the slide muting, and slide vibrato are critical to to sustain and slide tone. There is no magic effect to make slide technique sound better.

For amp choices, theres just so many great amps in the Axe that work well for slide. what type of slide tone are you after?

I should add:
IMO, I personally hate compression on slide presets thought... Doesn't sound natural IMO.

Also watch the Input block Noise gate... Will kill slide sustain if not careful.

For amp choices, theres just so many great amps in the Axe that work well for slide. what type of slide tone are you after?

I'm playin few U2 songs with slide, using a AC30TB, e.g. Magnificent (there's a little slide solo inside). Reaching a good sustain I woudn't raise the gain too much

Back
Top Bottom