Tips laying vinyl planking?

Most jobs are really about either the prep, or what came before them.
yup - planning ahead makes all the difference - next flooring I do will include even more careful measurement of the transition areas including exactly how much level difference there is between the new floor and existing adjacent floors, and precisely how I plan to handle those.

It was mentioned, but definitely be sure to note and follow any instructions for your product regarding required gaps/expansion. A buddy of mine did a floor with similar material and was really proud about how accurate all his edge cuts were...until the furnace kicked on and blew hot air across the new floor, and several joints buckled/bowed because they had nowhere to expand.

I put down LVP throughout the house, including the studio. It has IXPE sound absorbing cushioning underneath, which helps with the "clacking" problem and I don't have any complaints about the sound. In the past couple of years, they've made amazing progress with LVP, and it's exploded in popularity. It's tough and looks great. I've posted this photo before, but here it is again to give an idea what it looks like.

View attachment 92670
Sorry to go off topic but I love that desk. Can you tell me the model?

Back
Top Bottom