Tips for those without stems/mogg/guitar master tracks??

Anyone have any tips for those who want to try and tone match an artist they like the tone of, but can't seem to be able to get any type of reference material other than the original song itself?? The best thing I can think of would be to find a part in a song where it is ONLY guitar playing and try match it from that - even then, it might be a little iffy...

For instance, I am a huge fan of the tone that Whitechapel pull - while I know it's easy enough to get something close by using the "metal standard" (6505/Boogie recto into cab w/ V30's etc etc etc), I can never get close enough and want to try and tone match it, but there dont seem to be any master guitar tracks, stems or anything like it online for them.

Thanks in advance

Are there any breaks in the music where it's just guitar for a second or two? If so you can loop that second in an audio editor until you get at least five seconds and use that. It worked for me to great effect on several things.

^ Second that. In my first attempts without stem/mogg/master tracks, I would clip out the guitar only part and loop it using Audactiy.

I'll give that a go - just need to find a spot where it's ONLY guitar - good odds it will just be an open drone, though - I suppose that will make the matching process easier

Back
Top Bottom