tips for poweranp cab setup

Jinch0

I have a fryette ps2 with a mesa 1x12 widebody closed-back and I'm struggling with gain tones. I've tried the reactivate load approach, poweramp Sims off , low and high resonance of and can't get a good high gain sound. When I first got the fm3 I had decent results with headrush 112 but still not getting to sound like so many of clips I've seen.
Thanks for the help

First of all, have you reset amp blocks in manage presets?
I have the same set up as you. The most gain I use is a CCV with Sat switch right up, and I find it pretty satisfactory. Really enjoyable to play.
Can you tell us what you dont like about the sound?

I should say that speakers in your set up are hugely important too. I managed to score a made in UK G12 and one of those old Vintage 30's. Theyre perfect in my 212 for the Marshall tones I mainly go for. Tried a K100 once and it was terrible.

I should say that speakers in your set up are hugely important too. I managed to score a made in UK G12 and one of those old Vintage 30's. Theyre perfect in my 212 for the Marshall tones I mainly go for. Tried a K100 once and it was terrible.
I had an orange semi open back with 2 v30 and hated it. If I can get to sound good I guess I'll sell it and go back to tube amps. I still have hope

First of all, have you reset amp blocks in manage presets?
I have the same set up as you. The most gain I use is a CCV with Sat switch right up, and I find it pretty satisfactory. Really enjoyable to play.
Can you tell us what you dont like about the sound?
I did. Sounds boomy and shrill at the same time. No punch and life less

Last edited:
I have a pair of closed back/front ported wide bodies that currently have Mesa V30s in them. I normally run them with my tube amps, but at the moment I'm running them with my FM3 and a QSC power amp.

The design of these cabs makes them pretty strong in the bottom end, and the V30s don't really sound their best until you're pushing some volume through them. My workaround for quieter home noodling is to use the output EQ in the FM3 to bring them in line with what I want to hear.

Back
Top Bottom