Tip: try factory presets for the FM3 (on the III)

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
If you think you know the factory presets for the III in and out, try the equivalents for the FM3.

Even when the names are the same (no "FM3" in the title), the FM3 versions often have additional or other scenes. And they are optimized for lower CPU usage.

There are couple of exclusive presets to the FM3 too.

As as you probably know, Axe-Edit III lets you load FM3 presets directly.
Currently, FM3 presets with modifiers may not import 100% correctly.

Last edited:
Agreed 100%! Don't discount them just because "all factory presets suck", Fractal's don't! Some are kind of out there but changing the mix or rate of an effect or turning off an effect or two can yield some great presets for regular use. I also found a lot of effect blocks that were really cool and saved them to the Block Library so they can be easily be added to other presets.

@Admin M@ worked tirelessly on the FM3 presets. There are some fantastic ready to use presets in there. Obviously we all want to personalize things for our own usage but I could do most gigs with just the factory presets if someone handed me a fresh out of the box FM3. And there are loads of great examples of how to do more advanced effects, use of controllers, parallel routing, etc. And with FM3-Edit you can easily steal blocks to use in your own presets.

I've seen folks moan about factory presets in all of the Fractal units I've owned saying they don't work for them, well change them!

The cool thing about Fractal factory presets is you can personalize them they're not locked like some other units I've owned. So if they're good but no quite there, you can adjust them

There is indeed gold in them there hills

I've seen folks moan about factory presets in all of the Fractal units I've owned saying they don't work for them, well change them!

The cool thing about Fractal factory presets is you can personalize them they're not locked like some other units I've owned. So if they're good but no quite there, you can adjust them

There is indeed gold in them there hills

Absolutely. I often turn off all of the effects on the factory presets to see if I like the core amp tone. The preset that was called wide chorus served as the basis for one of my most used presets. Similarly, I modified seven of the scenes in the blues lead preset and use that one on the regular as well.

Absolutely. I often turn off all of the effects on the factory presets to see if I like the core amp tone. The preset that was called wide chorus served as the basis for one of my most used presets. Similarly, I modified seven of the scenes in the blues lead preset and use that one on the regular as well.

Yes, that's exactly the reason that some of the "heavy effects" presets also have a "dry" or "no fx" scene, because it would be a waste not to shine some light on the basic amp+cab tone in there too.

I'll tell you, after comparing all factory presets, I'd say: just use the FM3 versions. They work equally well in the Axe-Fx III.

Exception: the dual amp presets, and these ones:

Bl@de Runner
Wide E-plex Wash
Stereo Death Fuzz
Forlorn
Final Frontier 3
W@rped Vinyl 2.0

I have been touting the presets since, well, forever. Now the FM3 presets are very useful. Fractal presets, since the Ultra days, have always been useful, but for some reason they usually get a bad rep. Never could understand that. Still don't!
This thread is very refreshing.........

Just now realized this is an AXEFXIII thread. Oh well, still applies.

So building on what @yek posted about using the factory FM3 presets in combination with specific Axe presets (the ones listed above + dual amps) I went ahead and took the FM3 factory presets, dropped in as many Axe presets that I could find direct matches for and put the remaining presets at the end.

I'm a noob and can't recall if there is a way to put all of the presets into 1 file so bare with me for the multiple factory banks :sweatsmile:

Attachments

• 201106-010948-bank-A.syx
    6 MB · Views: 9
  • 201106-010948-bank-B.syx
    6 MB · Views: 7
  • 201106-010948-bank-C.syx
    6 MB · Views: 7
  • 201106-010948-bank-D.syx
    6 MB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom