Time after time guitar sound

parlopower

Inspired
Hey guys, does anybody have a preset for a Cindy Lauper "Time after time" guitar sound? Or can give me guidance on how to make one? That would be great!

Hey guys, does anybody have a preset for a Cindy Lauper "Time after time" guitar sound? Or can give me guidance on how to make one? That would be great!

Pull up a Vox TB30 and a Vox 2x12 cabinet. Then put a chorus block into the chain. Tap the song tempo on the front panel. Experiment with the chorus speed as a note value, not a millisecond time value. Play a chord and change the note value setting. Try eighth, sixteenth, 32nd, until you find one that matches the speed in the song. There is a lot of detune also in that song and some delay, very short, like a slap back. You could probably achieve the delay sound with a sixteenth note value in the delay block, but it might even be a 32nd.

There's a preset in the Axe (113?) called Cyndi's JC. Maybe use that as a starting point and follow Barhrecords directions.
I think a JC120 was used, sounds like bridge pickup.

I play that with my band and just use a twin with some chorus and a bit of reverb. I prefer to use less chorus than the recording, it translate much better live with a drier sound.

Back
Top Bottom