Tim Bachman has died...

This has been a rough year for losing guitar icons. Tim Bachman, Jeff Beck, David Lindley, David Crosby, Ian Bairnson (Jethro Tull), Gary Rossington (Lynyrd Skynyrd), ...

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head and its only May!

Last edited:
Tim was part of the BTO lineup for their 1st 2 albums. As a young 70s teenager, my 1st milk carton of vinyl had all the BTO releases up to Freeways (77) when BTO kind of fell apart. Their early music is very special to me along with that of The Guess Who from which BTO sprang. Hard to find any early 70s BTO live footage with Tim still in the band. Anyway, as tribute, here's a great song from the 2nd album which Tim contributed to on guitars (my holy grail smooth fuzz tone is in this song starting at 3:45). RIP Tim and Robbie Bachman.

Last edited:
Not Fragile lived on my turntable quite a bit. So sad that, at my current age, I’m seeing one after another of my music influences leave us. I know it’s the way of things, but it does bum me out sometimes. Still, how blessed was I to grow up in the 60s, 70s, and 80s? What an awesome time to have been a young man. :)

Not Fragile lived on my turntable quite a bit. So sad that, at my current age, I’m seeing one after another of my music influences leave us. I know it’s the way of things, but it does bum me out sometimes. Still, how blessed was I to grow up in the 60s, 70s, and 80s? What an awesome time to have been a young man. :)

I just listened to that whole record, first time in awhile. Great tones and good simple riffs. It seems that album was a big influence on me tone wise. Definitely part of the inspiration for me and my brother to start playing. It’s hard to pin down because it was an excellent period for rock guitar music. So many great influences.

Back
Top Bottom