THOUGHTS ON A NEW CAB!

Hi I own the Axe Fx 2 XL and a Matrix gt1000fx. I'm interested an an orange 2x12 PPCOB (120 watts mono) loaded with celestion v30s 16ohms each.

Is it practical using this cab powered by the Matrix gt1000fx? Or will this power amp blow it to smithereens?

Ask Matrix. They have a whole schpiel to answer this exact question very effectively.

Hi I own the Axe Fx 2 XL and a Matrix gt1000fx. I'm interested an an orange 2x12 PPCOB (120 watts mono) loaded with celestion v30s 16ohms each.

Is it practical using this cab powered by the Matrix gt1000fx? Or will this power amp blow it to smithereens?
You can run this cab just fine...
Matrix has some docs on their web site outline how to connect a certain cab
I use a variety of cabs from 4x12 to 1x12 and they all work just like a regular cab.

I use a Vader 2x12, it's a 240w cab, I also use a pair of orange 1x12's but I swapped the speakers for Eminence legends, I think they're 120w speakers. I wouldn't necessarily run the matrix in bridge mode through any of these, but per channel they're all fine.

You'll be ok, just pay attention to your cab if you crank it to the max and if it sounds or feels wrong then back it down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom