Thoughts from Cygnus users through tube power amp/cab

Cliff recommends a SS power amp because its a more accurate representation of the real amps.
The Power Station just sounds so good though so I cant see myself going to SS. There's no real right or wrong here. If it sounds good, its good.

Cliff specifically recommends against a tube power amp.
The Fryette Power Station or LXII are a bit special cases because they are not meant to have the kind of coloring like a regular guitar poweramp has since they are meant to be hooked up to tube amps (PS) or modelers (LXII). It's more about having the poweramp react to the speaker like a tube amp does.

It's a fun step.

it is, indeed.

Actually, I just sold recently all my amps and guitars to provide funds for a new home.
I am left stucked at the moment with 1 PRS Tremonti and 1 acoustic guitar and AXE III and it´s plenty. :)
I am sure though, that one day I´ll come back with more gear than before, it´s just how it is :D

Last edited:
it is, indeed.

Actually, I just sold recently all my amps and guitars to provide funds for a new home.
I am left stucked at the moment with 1 PRS Tremonti and 1 acoustic guitar and AXE III and it´s plenty. :)
I am sure though, that one day I´ll come back with more gear than before, it´s just how it is :D
Haha, yeah the same as me!
Sold all my Tube Amps, Friedman, Stevens, etc. and only kept my Axe III, my Red Sounds and my Music Man Guitars.

I have been thoroughly enjoying Cygnus through my Matrix power amp and two Mesa 1x12 EVM12L loaded cabs. I found that every amp responds better, whether they fight back more or are more relaxed, it depends on the model. I am able to dial in tones easier and faster than due to the improvements in the modeling to the point that I rarely have to go into the advanced parameters. However, what I do adjust for my usage in this scenario is the Impedance curve, the Low Frequency Res, and the High Frequency Res to better match my cabinet.
If you find that there isn't enough thump or push from your speakers, I highly suggest reading up on those parameters in the Wiki and Tech Notes section of the forum.

Back
Top Bottom