This time I actually am stuck setting up my GCP

maiden03

My last thread was a bust after me figuring out my problem 20 seconds after I posted, but this time I am stuck!

Setting up the GCP with my AFX II in IA mode with the same walkthrough; http://forum.fractalaudio.com/other...hrough-setting-up-axefx-ii-gcp-step-step.html

And I'm at the end of step 2:
"Simultaneously press both the “setup” buttons and then press the #5 “MIDI” button. Press the big #2 cursor button and then change “Channel - ##” to “Channel – 01”

Hit “setup” button to exit and “Y” (big #4) to save."

But when I press the midi button my options are:
Link None
Link Master
Link Slave

The big #2 doesn't do anything, those are changed with the #3 and #4.

Then bank down;
PGM RECV OFF
PGM RECV ON

Bank down;
XMIT MEM Y/N

Bank down;
Receive Mem

And thats it, so I don't really know where to go now or what to choose?

My GCP is version 1.12, AFX is FW 15.02

Thanks, Nathan

Last edited:
maybe not enough folks that frequent here use a GCP. This sounds pretty GCP specific, is there a GCP forum you could post your question to?

good luck!

You are just trying to set the midi channel... I no longer have my GCP as it didn't work well for my needs with the Axe Fx, but setting midi channel is pretty simple.

You can reference the GCP manual for the steps... It's available on the voodoo lab web site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its been weeks since I checked this. I was busy and didn't get a second to check it, then I just forgot about this thread.

I just solved that problem, but now at Step 4: Instant Access buttons, it isn't coming up with the right screen.

When I go Setup > 6/Instant Access, instead of saying “1.CH## CTRL ###” it says "1.GCX - ## LOOP #".

I'd assume to set it up properly it would need to not say GCX, since I don't use one.

Does someone know where I've gone wrong?

I forget exactly what is needed to hit to get there look in the manual it will tell you how to get there.

Back
Top Bottom