This might be a stupid question...

Crapshoes

Is there any way to swap between the inputs on the Axe-Fx, namely USB to Input Front without scrolling through SPDIF? I use the Axe as an interface currently so when I'm mixing I obviously want to swap the input (that is sound coming in to the Axe) away from USB, but whenever I do this I get a really unpleasant sound for a second when I scroll over SPDIF. Now, obviously that's negligible and I wouldn't ask if it were just a sound, but occasionally the Axe will freeze up for a moment during this switch, and sometimes my PC will even crash. Now, is that a result of the input swap? Maybe not, but it's pretty much only occurred when I'm switching them. That is to say I don't experience crashing other than when I switch the inputs, though switching the inputs doesn't ALWAYS cause a crash.

So, is there a way to switch these inputs without scrolling through SPDIF? Perhaps something in Axe - Edit that I'm missing? What could be causing the crashing, and should I instead take steps on the PC side to prevent this? Thanks, sorry if this query has a really simple answer... Those seem to elude me the most.

Wild guess here but see if USB Adapter mode is on in the midi tab and if so see if turning it off solves it.
I've found, just generally with music gear that a sudden blip of 'electrons' involving a midi port/connection can do things to confuse a programing like you describe.

Back
Top Bottom