This is the best sounding thing I have ever plugged into

Soooo many options. This is so cool. I don't think I have ever seen a piece of gear give you THIS many tone shaping options. I really feel like I can dial in the EXACT tone that's always been in my head with absolutely no compromises.

Excited to learn more and hopefully even contribute to this community at some point. Really glad to be a part of the Fractal family.

Welcome aboard @Hopper_ this is the classic reaction to FAS unit! Add all the benefits this forum can give and you're going to be happy for a long time .

I agree! I often hear myself in IEMs and think "is that me?". And glad you joined us here. I don't know how many Fractal customers never come to this forum, but they are missing out!

Interesting. Any talk of release date for FM9?
Soon (this week is not impossible, AFAIK)

The big drawback is that presets will indeed change to some degree... Luckily you are early in your adventure here :)

I'm guessing Cliff intelligently groups his efforts on core amp algorithms into the least amount of firmware updates, so we are not *'d every single update.

Other options are...
  • don't update as long as you're happy
  • buy presets from quality people that will also update these presets for you for free (some do this asap, some can take months because they sell huge packs and have to time it right)
  • record presets you like and try to update them yourself if they sound a little off. The current changes may only require to ideally reset a few parameters (although Cliff is thinking of automating it for the final firmware) and redo the gain pots 'n' stuff.

Indeed. I was thinking he asked about the betas for the others, which AFAIK were planned for last week/this week or soonish...
Yes your assumption was correct. I saw it was only in beta for the Axe FX III but wasn't sure if it was in the pipeline for FM9. I assume they both get similar updates albeit on different timelines.

Back
Top Bottom