this footswitch is amazing!!!

Hey Soularflair, did you try to push the switch like 10 times ? At the end it works ; = ( It's the "Bad Running status" syndrome. No clear answer from KMI & we stay stucked.

Hey Soularflair, did you try to push the switch like 10 times ? At the end it works ; = ( It's the "Bad Running status" syndrome. No clear answer from KMI & we stay stucked.
I haven't tried pressing it that many times - I stopped after a few presses.
Apparently the 1.21 beta update was supposed to fix that "bad running status" thing but it won't download for me - tried in both IE and Firefox and the zipped file only contains the documents but no actual firmware.

The beta upgrade worked fine for me... for whatever that's worth.

Have you guys tried using the Program, Toggles, Axe, and Pres Live scenes as starting points? You can modify those to hit the CC that's relevant for your AxeFx. I was able to use that approach for some instant gratification. You can also use the Copy/Past to build up new scenes, although it's pretty easy to build your own once you get going. I have a scene that I use for switching effects on/off and another one I use for the looper. Everything's working great for me.

Last edited:
The beta upgrade worked fine for me... for whatever that's worth.

Have you guys tried using the Program, Toggles, Axe, and Pres Live scenes as starting points? You can modify those to hit the CC that's relevant for your AxeFx. I was able to use that approach for some instant gratification. You can also use the Copy/Past to build up new scenes, although it's pretty easy to build your own once you get going. I have a scene that I use for switching effects on/off and another one I use for the looper. Everything's working great for me.
I only tried the Program Change and the Axe-Fx specific presets...How do those other ones work differently?
Hey Reddy, would you be open to sharing any of these scenes you made (can they be uploaded here or via email and then loaded manually into the Softstep?) Am particularly interested in the one you use for the looper - if you could include an actual Axe-Fx .syx file (with the looper utilised), with a brief description of what you did and how it controls things, that'd be most instructive in how things work.

I only tried the Program Change and the Axe-Fx specific presets...How do those other ones work differently?
Hey Reddy, would you be open to sharing any of these scenes you made (can they be uploaded here or via email and then loaded manually into the Softstep?) Am particularly interested in the one you use for the looper - if you could include an actual Axe-Fx .syx file (with the looper utilised), with a brief description of what you did and how it controls things, that'd be most instructive in how things work.

+1000

Hey guys, I'm away from my gear with no opportunity to provide anything electronically for at least a few days and maybe longer. That said, if you go into your AxeFX and scroll through all the CC values, you can find the ones you want to use. I think the looper values (for Delay 2) are 62-66, for example. I'm pretty sure that's in the I/O button in the MIDI tab.

When you're building a scene, just activate a single line that points to the MIDI expander and use the Foot On input to toggle the CC between 0 and 127. Similarly, the Scene I built for my IAs does exactly the same thing, except with the Drive 1, Drive 2, EQ2, etc. The only thing different about the AxeFX scene that KMI built is that they use the front buttons with the y-pressure to adjust Mix on the drive blocks, delay blocks, etc. Also, go look at what they did for the Tap Tempo in their scene. Sorry, I would happily provide the files (and will when I can), but hopefully this helps a bit.

Hey guys, I'm away from my gear with no opportunity to provide anything electronically for at least a few days and maybe longer...
No sweat - I can wait :) As appreciated as the verbal description is, it's double-dutch to me without having the patches/presets in front of me.

Cool - let us know when it's posted on GotPreset.
Hey Reddy, have you also successfully got an expression pedal working through the Softstep as well? That's one of the main things I've been trying to achieve but without success so far.

Try this. If it works, I will add some more info by updating the files.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.asp...sid=EF1C9CC34ACB236F!255&authkey=dMdz6z9mFgQ$
OK, well I tried this - I swapped the files you provided with the ones in the Standalone preset folder and both opened then up in the Editor and downloaded them to the Softstep floor unit. It said the download was successful.
Looking at them in the Editor though it looks like absolutely nothing has changed. For example, "Tap" is still on button 4, not button 5 like it's supposed to be in your preset. And I can't access the tuner from button 0 (10).
It doesn't make sense, given I took the original files out of the preset folder and put your altered ones in. And I did make sure to restart the program and re-connect the floor unit before trying it.

Did anyone else get this to work?

Try the new files. I might have grabbed the wrong ones. Sorry about that. I've also updated the Word file with some tips. I will be adding an Axe Ultra preset that you can try with it. Output 2 of that preset is intended for a power amp/guitar cab, while Output 1 is for FRFR or a DAW.

I honestly haven't read through this thread (posted early on) but I wanted to point out that version 1.21 is so much easier to program than earlier versions. I was able to configure it way quicker with the elimination of per switch presets management. I'm not sure when they made that change. I still have other annoying issues though:

1. Doesn't reconnect after computer comes out of sleep (OSX macbook pro)
2. Standalone (via usb) patches aren't downloading properly
3. Still only one counter.

In any event, I have two simple scenes. One for patch change (the default one they provided except assigned to AxeFX Out) and one for random toggling that I reassign as needed. I haven't figured out the best use of toggling but I normally toggle reverb, delay. I'll probably set a view switches to do lots of toggles at once (probably XY on the Axe). If I ever get around to something that's shareable, I'll post my json files.

Back
Top Bottom