Third Party Editor for AX8

Pursharth

Hey everyone, I was wondering since Fractal isn't updating the AX8 Edit anymore, any folks out there using third party editing softwares for Mac? It would be great if people could shed some light on which ones are the best/reliable or just share their experience using any. Main points of elaboration could be -
1) User interface
2) Software Crashing issues while using one (if any)
3) Customer Support from the developers in case of issues
4) Anything you think is worth elaborating beyond the mentioned points

Looking forward to hear from the AX8 Gang
Thanks a lot 🙂

The AX8 isn't changing - why can't you use the last version of AX8-edit?

Aside from FracPad (which I think supports AX8) I am not aware of 3rd party editors... FracPad is a tablet-based editor, although I think it also works on PC/Mac.

The AX8 isn't changing - why can't you use the last version of AX8-edit?

Aside from FracPad (which I think supports AX8) I am not aware of 3rd party editors... FracPad is a tablet-based editor, although I think it also works on PC/Mac.
Thanks for the reply man, I can’t use the older version coz the new OS doesn’t support it and it’s impossible to go to older versions of OS on Mac these days.

About the FracPad, yea I’m aware of it, have you used it?

What about PC? Does AX8-Edit work on windows 11?

I haven't upgraded from WIndows 10 because I didn't want to take the chance of my FAS software konking off.

Besides all these Windows upgrades is MS way of saying when your computer gets too slow it's time to buy a new one!

Hi AX8 users,

I have a MacBook Pro NOT (doesn't come with the M2 chip) and wanting to know I am going to run into issues with AX8 Edit before I upgrade from Monterey to Ventura 13.4 which is the latest version. thank you!!

What about PC? Does AX8-Edit work on windows 11?

I haven't upgraded from WIndows 10 because I didn't want to take the chance of my FAS software konking off.

Besides all these Windows upgrades is MS way of saying when your computer gets too slow it's time to buy a new one!
I have an older PC laptop that I keep around just for older programs where I might need to use them for tweaking something on an Ultra, FX8, AX8, etc....

Many places have older PC's and/or MAC's for sale for "cheap" that can be purchased just for accessing the editors which would be the worst-case scenario fix for someone that ends up having a current computer that doesn't recognize the editors.

My MacBook Pro is a 16 inch and uses the "2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7" chip NOT the M1 or M2 chipset. Hence I need to be careful before upgrading to the new Ventura OS. There is no going back to the previous OS once I upgrad. Now Apple sells the MacBook Pro 13 inch with the M1 chipset.
I have an older PC laptop that I keep around just for older programs where I might need to use them for tweaking something on an Ultra, FX8, AX8, etc....

Many places have older PC's and/or MAC's for sale for "cheap" that can be purchased just for accessing the editors which would be the worst-case scenario fix for someone that ends up having a current computer that doesn't recognize the editors.

Back
Top Bottom