Wish Third Man Records Plasma Coil fuzz pedal

Deaj

Experienced
I haven't purchased any new gear in a very long time, except for a few guitars, pickups, and other guitar parts. Pedals, amps, etc have been off my radar as well. Who needs 'em with an.AxeFX III on hand.

Bur I saw this demo (linked below):
Third Man Records Plasma Coil fozz pedal

This is a pedal I need in my life. All of my hobby money is tied up in recent guitar projects (fixing "for parts, not working" guitars, a couple new guitars and a new bass, and a few upgrades to a couple of my guitars.

I'll have enough unused parts to sell (bridges, tuner sets, pickup sets, etc) that they'll easily pay for a Plasma Coil fuzz pedals.

I'd also like to add this pedal to the wish list for the AxeFX III.

I think this my first wish list item for the AxeFX III and AxeFX II. It's the first time I've found something for which there is no analog in the AxeFX III.

I have one, it’s a cool pedal based upon the concept and the visual, but there isn’t anything really unique about the tone, just a kind of broken sounding heavily gated fuzz.

If it was just in a solid plain box, I don’t think anyone would play one. Only thing that makes it cool is watching it and if you take that aspect away, then you’ve just left with something akin to a metal zone and poor tracking octave, IMO

Thank for the information! I'll put this one in the low priority 'try before you buy' category.

If anything, I like the plasma drive version better, it’s purple instead of yellow lol, but it also has a blend knob instead of the octave settings. Being able to dial in some clean with the fuzz/distortion effect makes it a lot more usable. Usually can find them a fair bit cheaper too

I do like the homage to Tesla though with the Wardencliff graphics on the Coil version

The octave selector is also a feature I dig from the Plasma Coil Fuzz, but one octave up and one octave up are the only two settings that hold any interest for me. I could rehouse the entire pedal and store its original enclosure should resale value be a concern, and add the blend circuit. That said, $350 would be better spent elsewhere

I'll demo one locally if the opportunity arise, and if I find that it still holds my interest afterward, I could buy used if/when a working unit pops up on line at a price price below its resale value. I could then take time to evaluate it with my gear, then sell it for my purchase price (should I decide it that it serves no practical purpose for me) and pass it to the next owner for my purchase price. Call it a free in-house demo. :)

I haven't purchased any new gear in a very long time, except for a few guitars, pickups, and other guitar parts. Pedals, amps, etc have been off my radar as well. Who needs 'em with an.AxeFX III on hand.

Bur I saw this demo (linked below):
Third Man Records Plasma Coil fozz pedal

This is a pedal I need in my life. All of my hobby money is tied up in recent guitar projects (fixing "for parts, not working" guitars, a couple new guitars and a new bass, and a few upgrades to a couple of my guitars.

I'll have enough unused parts to sell (bridges, tuner sets, pickup sets, etc) that they'll easily pay for a Plasma Coil fuzz pedals.

I'd also like to add this pedal to the wish list for the AxeFX III.

I think this my first wish list item for the AxeFX III and AxeFX II. It's the first time I've found something for which there is no analog in the AxeFX III.
Link is broken.

By the way they want the wiring diagram in this section

I have one, it’s a cool pedal based upon the concept and the visual, but there isn’t anything really unique about the tone, just a kind of broken sounding heavily gated fuzz.

If it was just in a solid plain box, I don’t think anyone would play one. Only thing that makes it cool is watching it and if you take that aspect away, then you’ve just left with something akin to a metal zone and poor tracking octave, IMO
I couldn’t care less about Jack White but I absolutely love this pedal in the octave modes for doom metal…it does slow and like very few others. I don’t see the metal zone comparison at all.

Back
Top Bottom