Thinking to sell fxii for ax-8

blackdc5r

Hello guys!

I'm thinking to change axe fx and mfc for ax8, hence I'm thinking if it's really worth it. I will mainly be using it at home for practice/jam/record music and planning to gig with an electro classic guitar soon.
My presets are either modified stock ones or have AMP-CAB delay reverb, DRIVE and sometimes chorus. Never used 2amps or 2 cabs in a single preset or so. I know that besides of bigger processing power axe fxii has more advantages over the ax8, but to be honest I never used that huge potential of it.
For recordings I will have to purchase an audio interface with an ax8.

What else am I loosing by selling the axe fxii ? Does it really worth it?

Sounds like you'll be good with the AX8 and a decent interface.

Go for it. Even quicker in and out at gigs!

I'm also thinking the same thing. I have never made a preset with 2 amps or cabs and I'm just a home player. The AX8 would be more than enough to keep me happy and I could use the extra cash from selling the II and mfc to fund a really nice guitar
If I do ever start playing out again, it would be a much easier setup as a bonus.

I'm going to keep an eye on prices and think about it. Most of my presets are single amp, but dual cab (single cab block set to 'stereo ultra-res'). It looks like I should be able to replicate this on the AX8.

Quicker load-in, load-out and setup is what I'm after. The AX8 would mean guitar in one hand, pedal board in the other - that's it.

What else am I loosing by selling the axe fxii ?
Money?? :)

Think the AX8 is more than enough for most people. That is if you don't use complicated fx routing or two amps, amp morphing etc. So I can understand why you are selling the Axe II and MFC.
You travel much lighter when you only have to bring the AX8 and some expression pedals. Too bad you still need a case for the expression pedals. Would be even better if you could only bring the AX8 to a gig.

Agree. The reason I'm thinking to change to ax8 is that
A) it covers all my needs,
B) it's smaller ( especially in my situation. I wanna travel to another country soon)
C) costs less.
I can save some money to fund a good FRFR.

I think there's going to be a lot of AxeII's on the used market over the next few months. Hopefully resale value does not take too much of a hit.

I'm debating the same. Don't really need the money so that would not be the reason for me to sell mine. I don't use the synth, tone match, shoot my own IR's, do any re-amping, etc... so a lot of the advanced features are not important to me. I just use an amp, cab, and a few effects. From what we know of the AX8 so far it will probably meet my needs.

Keeping my Axe II. It is locked up on stage at church, semi permanently. The AX8 will be for home fun. :)

While I never use two amps at once, I do have patches with two amps in them, mostly because switching X/Y on amps isn't instant. And I tend to load up a patch with every effect I'd ever need as if I had a pedalboard at my feet. Not sure the AX8 will accomplish all that. But certainly good enough for smaller rigs and gigs.

Yes, I was considering something similar to what you are thinking, Karl. Except the opposite. Keep the AxeII at home and leave the AX8 at Church. I don't run with "just in case I might want to turn it on" presets so having every pedal at my feet in a singe preset is not important to me.

I think there's going to be a lot of AxeII's on the used market over the next few months. Hopefully resale value does not take too much of a hit.

Exactly, the AX8 will not only reduce the resale value of used AxeII's, it will significantly reduce sales of new AxeII's, as well as MFC's.

While Cliff might have struck a blow against Line 6 and the Helix, methinks he is also competing against himself with a new product that has a much lower gross margin than the AXEII

We don't know the margins so I will not speculate on that.

I don't think FAS has struck a blow against L6 with the AX8 pricing. I doubt it will have much effect at all on Helix sales considering that perspective buyers can walk into any GC to try one out. What the AX8 pricing has done is to ensure FAS fans who were seriously looking at Helix will most likely not jump ship now.

I'm debating the same. Don't really need the money so that would not be the reason for me to sell mine. I don't use the synth, tone match, shoot my own IR's, do any re-amping, etc... so a lot of the advanced features are not important to me. I just use an amp, cab, and a few effects. From what we know of the AX8 so far it will probably meet my needs.

I must have missed this...will the AXE8 not have a synth block?? If true..this might be an issue because I mainly play in an 80's tribute band. I use the synth block on quite a few patches.

Great question- I too utilize the Synth block quite a bit. Anybody got the skinny?

I must have missed this...will the AXE8 not have a synth block?? If true..this might be an issue because I mainly play in an 80's tribute band. I use the synth block on quite a few patches.

I did not say it won't have the synth block. Just listing things I don't use and speculating that those functions may not be included in the AX8. I have read every AX8 thread I can find and have not seen any specific mention of the included blocks other than Cliff's comment a few months back that it would not contain the more "esoteric" blocks.

Sorry if I mislead anyone. Should have said that I was speculating that those blocks may not be included.

Last edited:
Selling the Axe-Fx II? No way.
Buying the AX8? Probably.

I think same here. was thinking of selling my axe ii, but why..just keep it for in the studio and buy a USED axe8 in a few months. Not sure ill save a ton of money but probably a few bucks.

I'm curious about the synth too. It doesn't seem to use much processing power. I'll bet the AX8 has it. The FX8 does, right?

Back
Top Bottom