Thinking about going to ATOMIC ACTIVE CABS...talk to me....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Currently have a Mesa Power 2:90 amp and a Genz Benz 2x12 stereo cab. Output 1 on Axe standard goes mono out to house PA. Output 2 goes stereo to my Mesa poweramp and stereo to my Genz Benz 2x12.

If I went with 1 active Atomic wedge....what would I miss? Besides the obvious stereo on stage to Power amp/Cab. Also....the wedge is only 50 watts.....I'm used to 90 watts per side with current setup....play cover band stuff in small to medium venues so I don't crank my amp currently to insane levels or anything....just enough to make stuff punch and bloom right for a feel.

THANKS!

Re: Thinking about going to ATOMIC ACTIVE CABS...talk to me.

I would say give it a try... You have a trial period with Atomic, pic one up and gig it to see if it's going to be something you can work with.

Sixstring said:
I would say give it a try... You have a trial period with Atomic, pic one up and gig it to see if it's going to be something you can work with.

What is the trial period :?:

axel said:
Sixstring said:

What is the trial period :?:

From the web site... All sales come with a 15-day money-back guarantee (shipping not included). Read our Return policy. - http://www.fractalaudio.com/atomic_returns.htm.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/purchase-atomic.html

I was doing something similar with two CAE 1x12 cabs & an art sla-2 for the stereo thing. I decided to give the active atomic FR wedge a shot & used it with the same exact stereo patches on a gig that came up last minute the day after getting it. L went to the Atomic and R to House. Didn't notice any real difference except i was way happier with the sound and had an easier time hearing myself. Haven't looked back...though did just get another Atomic wedge to run stereo while at home. Probably gonna keep the one wedge setup for most if not all gigs cause its ben working great!

Back
Top Bottom