Thinking about getting an Ultra

krash73

Inspired
Guys I am thinking about getting rid of my rig for the Ultra. I need something more for recording since the band broke up and I won't be out playing as much any more, which I am sure the Ultra does fine live too. I love this rig but kind of overkill for me at home, kind of lost my music room due to step daughter having a baby and moving back in, so I need something more compact and quieter. Do you think this rig would be equivilent to the value of Ultra, maybe I could trade some one or just sell it piece by piece? I think I would be happy with the Ultra I like having a bunch of sounds, I have been through Marshalls, Splawn, Mesas, Laneys, Vettas, Pods, Frenzels, etc. What do you think the value of this rig is if I sell it all together or piece by piece? Just asking cause I want to be fair about prices. What do you guys think?

18 Space TOV Shock Mount CASE with front and rear rails and caster board
Furman Rackrider RR-15plus
Audio-Technica ATW-R310 and guitar pack missing the cheapy belt clip
Marshall JMP-1
Voodoo Labs GCX
TC Electronics G Major 2
Marshall EL34 100/100

Home made Pedal Shelf with
Artec Power Brick SPB-8
Isp Decimator Pedal
MXR Van Halen Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez FL-9 Flanger

I also have an ADA Mp-1 not in the rack, never used it, friend traded it to me for a rack case I had, it is a noisy booger though. Other than that everything else is in great condition. Kind of hate to do it, had lots and lots of compliments on the tone of this rig but if I am not gonna be out no more it is over kill.

Look up each piece of gear on ebay under COMPLETED auctions to get an good idea of price. You'll need to have an Ebay account to view complete auctions. Then go post free ads on Craigslist to sell it. I'd say from the looks of it that you won't make $2,000 by selling that stuff (which is how much the Ultra is). But then again, I don't know what a couple of those items are :p

And yes, the Ultra is killer live. I've played a handful of gigs with it, and it's amazing.

Stop Thinking and get it. ;)

If you dont like it...I will buy it back for 50% of what you paid for it. ;)
I need a 3rd one!!!!

GuitarDojo said:
I need a 3rd one!!!!

You shouldn't say things like that....he might think that having just can't do very much by itself, hence needing multiple Fractal units. Very very far from the truth. :mrgreen:

Personally I have no idea why you'd wanth even 2 :eek:

jerotas said:
GuitarDojo said:
I need a 3rd one!!!!

You shouldn't say things like that....he might think that having just can't do very much by itself, hence needing multiple Fractal units. Very very far from the truth. :mrgreen:

Personally I have no idea why you'd wanth even 2 :eek:
1 for my studio, 1 for live and 1 for my bathroom!! :D

I looked up each piece on ebay and took like mid number prices they sold for, it was like 2600, I would have to find my sheet to give exact price. I am probably gonna do it just hate shipping process. I am sold on the ultra just got to get the funds. I like this rig alot just not what I need at the moment.

krash73 said:
I looked up each piece on ebay and took like mid number prices they sold for, it was like 2600, I would have to find my sheet to give exact price. I am probably gonna do it just hate shipping process. I am sold on the ultra just got to get the funds. I like this rig alot just not what I need at the moment.
Where are you located?

Haven't decided what speakers yet. I got a Splawn 4x12 with greenbacks and an Avatar 2x12 with Eminence GB12's here, but I have been thinking of going with monitors.

I am located in Milton, Fl right by Pensacola.

krash73 said:
Haven't decided what speakers yet. I got a Splawn 4x12 with greenbacks and an Avatar 2x12 with Eminence GB12's here, but I have been thinking of going with monitors.

I am located in Milton, Fl right by Pensacola.

Just so you know, most people are going for pretty expensive monitors, not liking the sound of cheaper stuff. Like $800 or so per powered monitor, I believe.

Yeah, I gotta friend that runs a pro sound production company so I can borrow a few till I find the ones I want and can figure out which route I want to go. Hopefully I like some he is a dealer of cause I can get them at his cost. Also I should say I really won't be out playing for a while so it will be for ease of recording.

Back
Top Bottom