Thin sound with certain presets

vandijkbv

Hi all,

I have an issue with some presets, where it sounds really thin and sounds like my volume knob on my guitar is turn down.
My latest example, the Black Album sound from Moke. I played a small bit of how it sounds directly from the AFX3 using a ESP KH-2 with the EMG BoneBreakers.

Yesterday I did a reset and that didn't solve the problem.
Hope someone has a solution for this :)

Is this one of my presets from my store? Or the one in a recent Metallica thread?

Dead batteries? What is your Input 1/Instrument setting in the A/D Sensitively section of the Input Levels tab.

Is this one of my presets from my store? Or the one in a recent Metallica thread?

Dead batteries? What is your Input 1/Instrument setting in the A/D Sensitively section of the Input Levels tab.
The one from the Black Album thread. Nope battery is fine. Input from A/D sensitivity is at 50%

That sounds like kind of a high setting for active pickups. I have to set it at 7.5% for my EMG equipped guitar. I wonder why your pickup output is so low?
With the AFX2 I had it also around 7,5% if I remember correctly.
But with my other presets I use the most the sound is fine

Sounds like when my pickups are not switching correctly and I have to toggle the selector back and forth until it kicks in lol

Have you tried a different guitar if that's an option?
My pickups are switching correct on my guitar.

I also tried a different guitar, but that also has EMG’s in it.

Hmmm? You are using an Axe-Fx III, on firmware 22.01? Do you have an expression pedal connected as global input volume, and it is pulled down? Or anything between your guitar and the Axe-Fx III?

Hi all,

I have an issue with some presets, where it sounds really thin and sounds like my volume knob on my guitar is turn down.
My latest example, the Black Album sound from Moke. I played a small bit of how it sounds directly from the AFX3 using a ESP KH-2 with the EMG BoneBreakers.

Yesterday I did a reset and that didn't solve the problem.
Hope someone has a solution for this :)

Your audio link doesn’t work here, I cannot read the file and when I download it it don’t play 🤷

…But I have the bone breakers in my Hammett demonology and they are low output compared to the 81 and whatever humbucker I had. strangely. Maybe it help. Sad I cannot listen to your link .

Strange? The audio link works on my PC and even on my phone. I wonder what host it is?

I would have to put my guitar volume on three or four to get that preset to clean up that much.

Strange? The audio link works on my PC and even on my phone. I wonder what host it is?

I would have to put my guitar volume on three or four to get that preset to clean up that much.
I ve tried after rebooting the phone, and 2 different app: google and safari 😵‍💫 (as I m not home)

Hmmm? You are using an Axe-Fx III, on firmware 22.01? Do you have an expression pedal connected as global input volume, and it is pulled down? Or anything between your guitar and the Axe-Fx III?
It runs on 22.01 and I do have an expression pedal but that's not linked to anything unless I select it in the block. Guitar runs straight into the AFX3

Back
Top Bottom