Thin finish cracks in USA Deluxe Strat?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
It's a 2006 Special Run USA Deluxe Stratocaster. I believe for Guitar Center. 2006. Beautiful Strat but small finish cracks by neck pocket are starting to spread. I did a lot of web hunting and found one site mentioned using Micro pipettes to apply thin viscosity penetrating glue? Does this sound reasonable.
IAH, it is MY guitar and I am not afraid of hurting it, as far as looks go. I mean I am but it's not like I am selling it.
Thanks

Yes, water thin super glue would do it. Quite hard to get it invisible though .I would also be tempted to leave it.

It's a 2006 Special Run USA Deluxe Stratocaster. I believe for Guitar Center. 2006. Beautiful Strat but small finish cracks by neck pocket are starting to spread. I did a lot of web hunting and found one site mentioned using Micro pipettes to apply thin viscosity penetrating glue? Does this sound reasonable.
IAH, it is MY guitar and I am not afraid of hurting it, as far as looks go. I mean I am but it's not like I am selling it.
Thanks
That will work but you’re likely going to have to scrape, wet sand, and buff afterwards to get the best results. You will always have a witness line. It’s very common, especially if the neck fits tight in the pocket or if it’s taken a slight hit.

Last edited:
Thanks
Could you upload some pictures ?

I also wouldn't worry about it. Super glue repairs can get messy fast and end up worse in the end.

I also wouldn't worry about it. Super glue repairs can get messy fast and end up worse in the end.
Only if you don't know what you'r doing. Super glue repairs can be invisible in many cases when done properly. Worst case would be a hair line still visible .

Your Deluxe is transforming into a relic guitar. I have an 05 Deluxe, finish is good so far. Best luck whatever you do. I am 99% sure that if I tried super glue I would F it up.

Only if you don't know what you'r doing. Super glue repairs can be invisible in many cases when done properly. Worst case would be a hair line still visible .
In that case, maybe a repair shop is the way to go - find somebody that knows what they're doing.

Back
Top Bottom