The Wordle thread........(spoiler)

Wow! I always start Wordle with "stern" (sometimes I get edgy and use "nerts" :p ), reason being it contains the five most popular letters. Anyway, this just happened...once in a lifetime:

1679227487852.png

I had no idea. When I started playing I just typed Wordle in my search bar. :D
There's quite a few variations. The original Wordle was developed by a software engineer during COVID. Just over a year ago, he sold it to the NY Times for $1,000,000.00.

I started playing it after reading a story about it in the Toronto Star. Doctors in the Toronto hospitals were playing it as a stress reliever during the pandemic. They liked it because was a nice little destraction, that didn't take long to play because they never had long to rest.

I play another game that used to be called Wordle 2, that uses 6 letter words. It looked identical to Wordle but after NY Times bought Wordle, they started sending out cease and desist letters to all the copycats. Wordle 2 became Wordhurdle (https://solitaired.com/wordhurdle) and they tweaked the interface and how the letters flipped so they wouldn't get sued.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom