The tuner is flipping out and I can't revert back to preset.

denrad

Hi all,

The tuner on my Axe FX II is going bonkers, and pressing the Tuner button again doesn't get me back to the preset.

Also, at one point, the screen went out altogether, and the input status leds to the right were the only things lighting up in an awkward way.

Would this be software or hardware related, as my Axe FX II quit working last year (after a burning smell came out of the unit)? After this happened, I was told the fan had to be upgraded to the larger version, which I had done by a Fractal approved tech...

Strange? I've never had this much trouble with an effect unit in the past. I power it up through my Furman Power Conditioner.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks for the concern Zwiebelchen. This incident occurred last year. I did have it repaired my a qualified Fractal tech back then.

But the issue I have now is with the tuner going spastic, and being unable to revert back to my preset. The only back to get back to my preset is by switching the unit off, which is impractical, as you can imagine. So would this be hardware or software related?

Thanks for the concern Zwiebelchen. This incident occurred last year. I did have it repaired my a qualified Fractal tech back then.

But the issue I have now is with the tuner going spastic, and being unable to revert back to my preset. The only back to get back to my preset is by switching the unit off, which is impractical, as you can imagine. So would this be hardware or software related?
Does activating/deactivating the tuner from the front panel work?

Activating the tuner works. Attempting to deactivate it has no effect. In this case I have to switch the unit off, then turn it back on to get back to the preset I was on.

Instead of pressing Tuner again, press Recall. Does that exit the tuner display?

I understand pressing the Tuner button a second time doesn't take you back to the preset, but what happens if you press the Recall button, when in Tuner mode? Does that take you back to the preset?

Lee

Back
Top Bottom