The tone of my dreams - Is this do-able?

Mediocrites

Hi Everyone,

I've recently purchased an Axe-FX II after months of research and lurking on the forums. After years of GAS, I think I've found the answer to my tone quest. I have been nothing but impressed with the sounds I've gotten from this magic black box. If this is in poor taste as a new member of the forums, please feel to disregard, but I am wondering if I could get some help with this tone. The guitarists name is Michele Cusato (phenomenal guitarist, and even if you skip this thread, check him out) and I've been trying to emulate this tone but everything I try sounds dull and lifeless (the character, sustain, and oomph just isn't there).

I've done quite a bit of research into his gear and even with that, I can't seem to come close. Here is a rig diagram.
http://www.michelecusato.com/Photos...Cusato Cables Layout.jpg?disposition=download

I realize this tone may be nothing special, but I feel like this tone could slay God :p

And here are some examples of the tone I'm looking for. I know it's his playing and fingers but I'd like to get in the ballpark, if possible.
Mama Pickups: Michele Cusato playing Over The Cloud - YouTube

Michele Cusato Plays "Room 335" Cover - YouTube

Michele Cusato Plays Magic Carpet - YouTube

Pretty sure this is the same tone, with a little wah and eq change - so I'm not interested in the specifics, I can tweak it by ear later. I'm just looking to get in the ballpark.
Is There Love In Space? played by Michele Cusato - YouTube

I'm using an Ibanez JS1000 into AXE FX2 (FW10.05) into FRFR (Powered PA) speakers. Let me know if there's any other information I can provide.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Go to AxeChange and download the all the Satriani presets and use them as a start. Go through the Marshall sims starting with the JMP. He sounds like Satch and not much variation in tone other than clean and distorted[FONT=Lucida Grande, Segoe UI, Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Grande, sans-serif].[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom