The Social Axefx

rsf1977_again

Power User
Here's the beginning of a live social idea. If the axefx had a Bluetooth beacon and an app. People could thumbs up/down your tones throughout your live set, comment on them individually, share/copy a preset in realtime (if enabled) etc. Would be cool.

Here's the beginning of a live social idea. If the axefx had a Bluetooth beacon and an app. People could thumbs up/down your tones throughout your live set, comment on them individually, share/copy a preset in realtime (if enabled) etc. Would be cool.

And... hack in and screw up your live tone while at it! :lol CPU taking strain because of Bluetooth? Nah just kidding. :)

Given how different my opinions are on restaurant reviews than the typical "yelper" and my taste in "good" music over what is played on the radio these days, I would have to say I'd have little faith in the masses telling me if my tone is good or not

Not for me ! Too many opinions and too much ego amongst guitar players in general! Can keep you digging in a hole you don't belong in !! If it pleases you that's what matters !!

It's also extremely obtuse. I can't imagine anyone but guitar geeks having even the slightest interest on live tone rating, etc. They'd have to know you were using an Axe since it is proprietary, etc. It would not work with hundreds of thousands of legacy rigs, so people would not even think to use it. Even if it were popular, half the comments would be from dudes telling you that you blow or that you played the riff to 'Bark at the Moon' wrong or you need to get whatever they use.

Also, TBH, from an implementation standpoint that would not even be GOOD way to do what you want. It would make much more sense as an iOS/Android app than built to have some random social/communications function built into special purpose hardware like GUITAR GEAR. You could do this today and it wouldn't require an Axe or Kemper or L6 or whatever manufacturer supported such a technology. You would run the 'server' app on your iPad or computer @ the show that follows the set list and give people a QR code for the app and tell them to rate your tone/song/singer's outfit/whatever during the show. You would not even need bluetooth, etc, it could be done purely with a data connection. There is no reason to load sh*t into the piece of gear that is being used in a critical real time application like live performance.

If you like this idea (not for me ;) ), nothing is stopping you from either doing it yourself if you can do app development or soliciting help from the many folks who could do such a thing.

Last edited:
This, plus cab pack copyright issue, and the fact that it'll not be working on presets played on anything else than a FRFR speaker.

I personnaly only need an android based axe edit :3

Back
Top Bottom