AFIII The Police - Driven To Tears (instrumental cover)

CrosleyPop

Was a little bored this weekend and decided to amuse myself with some FW19 goodness. I took the stock "Message on the Moon" preset and tweaked it a little bit (mostly the delays); the solo is directly from the "Driven Solo" scene with no changes. Whoever authored that preset did a great job.

The bass is the SVT model with some minor tweaking. Drums are midi through one of the stock Logic drumkits.

I wanted to restrict myself to one or two takes of each track, so there's some rough edges, but I’m overall fairly happy with the result. I think I dialed the delay decay back too much. If I were going to do it over again, I would give it a couple more repeats.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I created that preset and I am thrilled to see it getting some love. You even got a little bit of real feedback at the end of the solo.

To enhance what you've done, I'd increase the mix and feedback of the delay and listen for the 8th not triplet feel of the echoes on the album. (AND I just saw your comment about dialing back the delay too much. Yep. Haha!)

Thanks for sharing! I created that preset and I am thrilled to see it getting some love. You even got a little bit of real feedback at the end of the solo.

To enhance what you've done, I'd increase the mix and feedback of the delay and listen for the 8th not triplet feel of the echoes on the album. (AND I just saw your comment about dialing back the delay too much. Yep. Haha!)
Thanks Matt! I should have known it was you; you do great work. Good call on the delay settings, I cut it back too much.

I have to admit I cheated a bit on the solo, it’s actually a Digitech Freqout. I tried to induce natural feedback but it just wasn’t cooperating.

Back
Top Bottom