The "Official" unofficial Axe Fx II US Purchase Availability Thread

Kirkster said:
Do you know for certain that the untis will be avaiable at the higher price if you choose not to wait? I think a number of folks are making that assumption. The message on the cart is pretty clear, you need to be on this list to buy a unit. It dosen't say anything "skipping" the list. Just trying to keep it real :)

No. Just history to suggest it. That's the point of this thread. Find the info we know to see if we can predict what might happen. Worked last week but the wait list gives a new wrinkle.

The interesting thing though is, why would FAS have it listed for $2599 and still offer the $400 coupon? Sort of implies there are two different routes to go- wait for an undetermined amount of time and pay $2199 with coupon or skip the list and pay the premium $2599 and hope to get one in the store.

The interesting thing though is, why would FAS have it listed for $2599 and still offer the $400 coupon? Sort of implies there are two different routes to go- wait for an undetermined amount of time and pay $2199 with coupon or skip the list and pay the premium $2599 and hope to get one in the store.

Yup

I'm sticking with: not on the list, no sale...

Cliff has stated multiple times in the past (MFC launch, for one) that the store does not work that way. He said he has no way to prevent people from buying it at full price. All he can do is put inventory into the store. If the buyer happens to have a coupon code to use, they'll get the discount when they check out.

Last edited:

Why...do you really think FAS is gonna turn down someone willing to pay $2599? Ideally it would just be sold to those in order according to the list, but nothing has been ideal about this release...

Wishful thinking :) History is not on your side.

Also, it makes no sense to raise the price and then only sell to people on the list at a discount. If you were only going to sell to people on the list, then no price increase is necessary.

If that's the case then I wonder when the actual $2599 price IS the official price? Because if the only way you can buy this product is through the list then FAS would "lose" a lot of money if in theory the list reaches over a 1000+ people who actually go through with the purchase at $2199. hmmm....

The "logical" thing to do would be to allocate a certain percentage of units completed and ready to 1) Distributors 2) The List 3) The Yahoo Store.

Last edited:
How would this be enforced? Yahoo store is pretty basic. Enter the price and qty and then optional coupon code. For FAS to have users with coupons buy the unit they need to populate the item in the store. If they do that anyone willing to pay full price can buy with or without a coupon.

There is a better way FAS could have implemented the waiting list but for now this works for what it is intended to.

Deter buyers and make them wait their turn who want the unit at normal price.
Let people who want to pay much more buy it ahead of the others.

Pretty clear as far as I see it. The rational is that most people do not want to waste $400 which is essential what it is. Would you take $400 and throw it away just because you did not want to wait a few weeks? I know personally $400 could but a lot of stuff.

Damn.. I was checking this thread! SH!T..... oh well! It's like getting your heart broken- its gets a little easier every time.

Back
Top Bottom