The "Official" unofficial Axe Fx II US Purchase Availability Thread

don't you think the reason he doesn't take money up front is so he doesn't loose his flexibility
to raise the price? why would any business owner want less demand? demand drives price!
Cliff is playing this smart. I can oly speak from my own experience which includes lots of buying
boutique gear. This has been a unique situation which seems geared to maximize profits at the expense of
the customers comfort. IMO now if I am wrong so be it. the reason there is all this speculation and bad energy
is because the communication has been very poor between Fractal and their loyal customers.

Not going to debate you anymore in this thread; this thread has been very useful to a lot of people during the day to track Axe 2 availability. Let's not take the discussion into territory that risks getting out of hand and closure by the mods.

Im going to continue to monitor the site but I won't be purchasing at the higher price. Im just curious to see how its going to work with the wait list and try to figure out just how long I may need to wait. Sitting around #40 right now.

This coupled with the wait list thread should give us a decent picture of how this is going to actually play out. Of course, the picture might not be entirely clear until later this week or next. Patience is definitely a virtue here.

I'm tempted to buy it at the marked up price. Then wait for my coupon and get another at the marked down price. Ebay that for the higher price so I break even. Just not sure if they will give me a coupon code if I jump the line.

Could be risky though.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to buy it at the marked up price. Then wait for my coupon and get another at the marked down price. Ebay that for the higher price so I break even. Just not sure if they will give me a coupon code if I jump the line.

Could be risky though.

That's true. It could be quite some time before that happens as well.

I have been snooping around this forum for a few weeks now and what amazes me is how the smallest change on anything to do with Fractal turns into a s$%t storm. Inflections, interpretations, predictions, etc. Non fractal people make statments about what is going to happen and they are no closer to the process than I am. This whole process is very facinating to me from a social media aspect.

That's if in fact you are able to. Fractal has not said for sure how this will work so until that happens I wouldn't get ahead of myself. Things may not be as they appear.

Yep, only history to gauge off of at this point. Which is the point of this thread. See what happens to see if we can predict what might.

Kirkster said:
I have been snooping around this forum for a few weeks now and what amazes me is how the smallest change on anything to do with Fractal turns into a s$%t storm.
It's a viscous cycle; the over-reactions tend to make FAS reluctant to comment, which leaves a vacuum that gets filled with endless speculation and opinion.

Reactions: dsl
Very True! What makes it tough is at the end of the day there is not a dang thing we can do about it but speculate and guess.

It's a viscous cycle; the over-reactions tend to make FAS reluctant to comment, which leaves a vacuum that gets filled with endless speculation and opinion.

I wouldn't care if the value of the coupon was $0, if the Yahoo Store made it a requirement that you have a coupon code to complete the sale. Then there wouldn't be this game of pay-more vs. wait. The list would function like a typical list, first come, first served, everyone pays the same.

I wouldn't care if the value of the coupon was $0, if the Yahoo Store made it a requirement that you have a coupon code to complete the sale. Then there wouldn't be this game of pay-more vs. wait. The list would function like a typical list, first come, first served, everyone pays the same.

I think everyone agrees but that's not how its been done if the past so I think people aren't holding out hope for it to change.

With increases in viscosity, things do tend to get stuck in the pipeline creating an overpressure on one side and a relative vacuum on the other. And, we all know how nature abhors a vacuum.

Sorry, I couldn't resist commenting on the malapropism.

Back to topic.

Last edited:

That would be an interesting approach. Problem is, unless you are a die-hard forumite you don't get all these updates and lists and coupons etc..

I don't think the store is capable of functioning like that, at this point they may as well administer the list over the phone and use a standard credit card processing machine, which would take a long time. Bottom line is not everyone is going to be happy with any option they decide on, they've changed up the sales approach once, they won't do it again.

If it's not one thing, it's another.
  1. People were pissed off that their Ultras were becoming "obsolete" even though it's still a kickin' piece of kit
  2. People were upset that the AFX2 was not available immediately after its announcement
  3. People complained when, due to a shipment of bad chassis, the June 6th date slipped
  4. People expressed their disappointment when the initial surge of new boxes turned out to be much smaller than anticipated
  5. People complained vigorously that the F5 mashers and bot-masters had an unfair advantage with many "suggesting" a waiting list
  6. After Cliff implemented a waiting list very similar to the ones he's done in the past (coupons to offset lack discount from MSRP), people complained about that.
Now that we're caught up, here's what I predict people will gripe about after they get their new toys:
  • No AxeEdit
  • Inability to move Ultra patches to Axe 2
  • Differences in sound with same settings as Ultra (to whatever extent settings can be duplicated)
I'm sure there's more but the point is that some people in this room are very hard to please. I'm sure that some will be delighted and sing their praises but there are definitely a few very touchy individuals involved in this whole drama.

If it's not one thing, it's another... I'm sure there's more but the point is that some people in this room are very hard to please. I'm sure that some will be delighted and sing their praises but there are definitely a few very touchy individuals involved in this whole drama.

No doubt a LOT of people have made some nasty posts and should be ashamed of themselves. But there's also no doubt that FAS has handled this poorly from the get go. There's plenty of blame to go around.

I wouldn't expect them to stockpile units, or manipulate prices a certain way, etc. Some up front communication however is not too much to ask IMHO, and even if it is, then this kind of forum activity is what you get when you don't do it. Set everyone's expectations correctly and you'll do away with most of the "bafoonery." You'll never do away with it all.

No doubt a LOT of people have made some nasty posts and should be ashamed of themselves. But there's also no doubt that FAS has handled this poorly from the get go. There's plenty of blame to go around.

I wouldn't expect them to stockpile units, or manipulate prices a certain way, etc. Some up front communication however is not too much to ask IMHO, and even if it is, then this kind of forum activity is what you get when you don't do it. Set everyone's expectations correctly and you'll do away with most of the "bafoonery." You'll never do away with it all.

The only way FAS could have set expectations would be to say, "Look - you guys are nuts and we just cannot make these fast enough for you to throw your $2200 at us. You're going to have to wait, period, end of story."
How well would that have gone over?

Back
Top Bottom